The end

This was it. It was time for the graduation party,  also known as prom. Shikamaru and Choji helped with the decision making of my suit. It was a black matte suit, with orange details. Shikamaru and Choji were both nicely dressed in suits as well. "There's food!" Choji quickly disappearing from our sides, helping himself to the buffet.

The popping dance music was playing in the background, with almost couples and official couples dancing with one another. It was a ballroom dance.

Shikamaru nudged me, "You seem like you need a drink. Want me to go get you one?"

I accepted his offer and he went to go get us both a drink, leaving me to myself. But having some alone time was a bad idea as thoughts clouded my mind.

"May I have this dance?" Someone with a familiar voice stretched out his hand towards me. I looked up, surprised that someone would actually want to dance with me.

"Oh, it's you, Kiba." I greeted.

"It's our final day in school together, and I might never see you again. So I thought why not?" He smiled like his usual self. For a moment, I was having deja vu. I accepted his gesture, grabbing onto his hand just like old times. I danced with him wasn't because I pitied him, neither was it because I missed him. I just wanted to end it on good terms with someone I spent majority of my high school life with.

"So how's you and Hinata?" I casually asked as we were dancing, his hand on my waist with the other intertwined in mine. "We're doing good." He smiled, but something was off about his smile. I knew him so well, I could read him like a book. It was a smile covering the pain.

I nodded, "Glad you are doing well, Kiba. You deserve all the happiness and love from the world."

"But I don't deserve love from you?" He quietly questioned, his eyesight immediately shifted onto the ground where our feet were moving slowly.

I didn't answer him. I didn't know how to.

"May I have the honor of taking over?" Sasuke reached out his hand to me, right between Kiba and I. His sharp glare and sarcastic smile at Kiba. Kiba sighed and allowed the teacher to take over.

At first, there were just silence. Nothing but the music, students chattering and their footsteps.

"Are you going to tell me what he talked to you about?" The teacher sternly asked, looking down at me.

My gaze was still fixated on the ground, not knowing what to say. I shrugged," Nothing much."

He stopped dancing and let go of me. "What's up with you these weeks? You're so cold to me, you don't even tell me what's on your mind anymore."

"Because there's too much on my mind. I'm saving you from the mess from unraveling it."

He cupped his hand on my cheek, "You are my mess, and my mess alone."

I failed to hold myself back together after weeks of bottling my worries, fear and heavy thoughts. I let a piece of me slip and a tear escaped from my eye.

Concerned, he dragged me out of the crowded ballroom and into the empty hallways. And he didn't speak. Not a word. He just pulled me into his arms, tightly he wrapped his arms around me. And just like that, like he always do, he made the weight of the world on my shoulders disappear. In that moment, nothing else mattered. If only that second was infinite.

But in that second, we were infinite.

"I don't know what to do, Sasuke. I'm so scared. Scared of living without you. But scared of being with you. I don't even know what to feel these days. I'm going crazy." More tears started to roll down from my eyes, as I let myself completely go. He was the only one that could make me feel this way. He was the only one that could break down my walls as quickly as I built them.

He started chuckling and I looked at him confusedly. Was me going insane turning him insane as well?

"I've already guessed it. And I leased an apartment nearby your college. I am your new roommate." His humor never fails to surprise me.

"Are you serious?! We're actually moving in together?!"

He told me the address which it was really near my campus. He started wiping away the residue of my tears, and I buried myself in his arms again. He figured me out too easily. Nothing slips by him. He's too smart for me. No wonder he chose his profession as a teacher.

Teacher, oh right. "How are you going to travel to Konoha high? It's quite a distance." I popped my head up from his arms to face him.

"I'll drive. It'll be an hour or two of a drive, but I'll get up earlier. Anything for you." He patted my head.

"Because I love you. You know that right?"

"Yeah I do.. I love you too." I replied softly, smiling to myself.