Thirteen

♡♡♡

As soon as I'm out of bed, I know what I need to do to start my day.

When I walk through the small kitchen towards the dining room, Andy doesn't even look up to see that it's me. I'm also surprised that he isn't furious that I am out of my room.

"I want to speak to my dad," my voice is unusually stern and I almost lean against the kitchen counter, exhausted from talking to him already.

Andy doesn't look up from whatever he is doing. Paperwork, by the looks of it. What kind of paperwork did a gang leader do? Did they select new clients to sell drugs to?

I highly doubt that. I'm sure they'd sell to anyone who asks.

"Why exactly, Elena?"

I don't miss the smirk that graces his lips as he uses my full name. He continues to read the papers in front of him, scrawling words across the pages occasionally in his messy handwriting.

"I haven't spoken to him in a long time," I say, before lowering my voice to a whisper. "And you asked me to right before you fucking beat me."

Andy raises his eyebrows, finally look up at me. I don't miss the questionable look he sends my way.

"Alright," he speaks, gruffly. He places down his pen, standing up.

I almost smile, but I don't want him to work out what I'm about to tell my dad. I don't know how I was going to do it with Andy standing in the room, either. I just know that somehow, I need to tell him about The Razor's inevitable attack.

"But," Andy says, walking towards me. "There are a few conditions."

"You must tell your father that if I don't receive my money soon," he steps so close to me that I can feel his breath on my cheek. I can't even move back, trapped against the kitchen counter.

"I will happily dispose of your body somewhere he will never find you."

His threat sends a shiver down my spine and I internally curse at myself when he smirks. He knows how much he scared me and he loves it.

The sick bastard.

He steps back, striding towards the table he was sitting at before. He picks up his papers, shuffling them between his hands before picking them up.

"I'm much too busy at the moment, Elena, but I will get Hunter to watch you," his wicked smile is the last thing I see as he leaves the room, slamming the front door behind him.

I don't have long to prepare myself before his bright blue eyes and touselled blonde hair is standing right in front of me. He clears his throat as I look up to meet his eyes. I try to stand as far into the counter as I can. His presence scars me, but not in the same way that Andy's does.

I don't like how weird I feel around him.

The silence that fills the kitchen makes me want to walk out quickly. We haven't spoken since my fight with him in the barn.

"Dad said you needed to make a phone call. To your father," Hunter says, breaking the silence.

"Yeah," I mumble.

His eyes trace my face, lingering on my cheeks and then my neck. I know he's looking at the bruises that are still scattered against my skin.

He brushes a hand over his face, breaking eye contact once again. His head is focused on the wall to his right when he speaks again.

"Alright. Give me his number so I can dial it for you," he says.

I quietly repeat the numbers as Hunter dials them. He passes me the phone, our hands brushing together lightly. I quickly snatch it away, feeling the electric pulse from his fingertips.