A New Member (Edited)

"Please can Amy Lily Lanstock's Anchemi, with their dragons, go to the headmaster's office. Thank you" the speaker cut off, having boomed its message throughout the whole school. The peaceful silence of the library had been shattered, and the librarian was shooting daggers at us.

Electra nudged me, her soft scales tickling my arm as I scrambled up her scales. Together we left the library, the book clutched tightly under my arm as we hurried through the halls, her talons click clacking against the stone.

By the time we reached the Headmaster's office, Electra was breathless.  I slid off and knocked on the door.

"Enter!"

I pushed open the door, and it creaked as I walked inside. The others were waiting with their dragons and Adam flashed a smile at me. My heart fluttered.  The Headmaster smiled as I walked in and gestured for me to stand with the others. As I did I stumbled and the book slid from my grasp, landing on the plush carpet with a thump. As I reached for the book the Headmaster saw the cover and his eyes widened. He subtly bent down next to me as he muttered so quietly that I could barely hear him.

"I cannot tell you all the details now. I will tell you the details once you and your Anchemi are fully qualified,".

I bowed my head and stepped back. "Yes sir,". I could have been talking about anything.

I joined my Anchemi against the far wall, leaning against Electra.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Barney who was rubbing Arctic under his chin, the latter of which was purring gently as he craned his head.

"No idea. I think it might have something to do with that boy and the dragon standing by the Headmaster though"

I turned my attention to the boy who I hadn't noticed before. He was staring at the floor but as he looked up I saw yellow eyes hidden beneath long wavy black hair. He blushed as he stared at me before his gaze flitted to Adam who was glowering at him and back to the floor.

The Headmaster spoke. "I am well aware that you already have a full Anchemi but due to the fact that we do not know what the abilities of a plasma dragon are, we have decided to assign you another rider. Amy will stay as the leader but you will have a backup rider. This is Electro, from a different Academy. His dragon's powers are if you haven't already guessed from what you have been studying, is lightning. It will take a while for him to settle in, plus another bed will have to be added into the boy's room,".

He paused and smiled when the boys looked up in panic.

"The room will also be expanded, don't worry".

After a small huff of relief had sounded, he looked at us and gestured.

"Electro this will be your Anchemi:

Your Leader is Amy, with her Plasma dragon Electra.

Your other teammates are:

Adam and his Fire dragon, Furnace

Barney and his Ice dragon, Arctic

Cherry and her Earth dragon, Atlas

And Stephen and his Wind dragon, Cedar.

Electro will join your classes tomorrow and will sleep in a guest room tonight. You may go,".

My teammates and I met up in the common room to discuss the latest turn of events.

"So what do you think of him" Cherry asked. We all thought for a moment before Stephen said:

"He looks shifty,".

Adam nodded. "I don't like him. He kept staring at us, at you,".

I laughed. "Can you blame him? He is about to be added to the most unique Anchemi in the school. However, by adding him we will have all the key elements in our group"

"Except shadow". Cherry's comment resounded in our heads.

"Well, we're obviously not going to get shadow dragons." Said  Stephen.

"True" commented Barney. "But it doesn't matter anyway - after all, we have the plasma dragon."

I got up.

Cherry scrambled up after me and followed me up into our room.

"You ok", she asked, "You were quiet during that discussion"

I smiled. "I'm ok. I was just thinking"

"About what?".

"Nothing,".

"Yeah right,". Cherry's insistent gaze hardened before I sighed in defeat and flicked the book to the pages Electra and I had read in the library, before flopping down onto my bed. Cherry also sat down on my bed and gasped as she read the passages about shadow and plasma dragons.

"No wonder you were quiet. Do the others know?"

"No. And please don't tell them. Not yet anyway."

Cherry nodded and got ready for bed.

"Where are you going to keep that book?"

I crossed over to the bookshelf and slotted it in. In plain sight.

"Are you sure that's the best hiding place"

I smiled. "Yes. It is so obvious it will not be expected."

Cherry smiled back and we lay down on our respective beds, our breathing becoming even as the first snores broke the silence of the night.

The muttering was getting louder. I rolled out of bed and checked the time. 1:30 am.

I crept down the stairs, avoiding the creaky floorboards as if I was playing a game of hopscotch and looked around the common room before crossing over to the dragon stables. I knew that the dragons had already met Striker whilst Electra and I were at the library. Due to snores drifting down from the boy's dormitory I couldn't hear individual dragon voices to determine who was speaking but I could at least hear what they were saying:

"Striker seems to be quite weird. I mean, he evidently thinks of himself as the most important of us all."

"True, however, Electra wasn't there. Where were you anyway?"

"I was researching Plasma Dragons with Amy. We learnt some interesting things"

"You should have met him. Bragging about how Electro would convince Amy to be his girlfriend as soon as she saw his powers. I didn't like him."

"You don't like anyone Furnace. However, I know Amy likes Adam and I doubt someone who has just joined will be able to change that."

"That's a good thing too."

"Come on. We ought to get some sleep. We have Elemental study tomorrow although I heard some older dragons saying that the first few lessons are always practising"

"Night then"

"Night"

I smiled and crept back to my bed, accidentally stepping on a creaky floorboard. The snores stopped and I raced back into the bedroom, closing the door with a soft click. So the dragons didn't think muck of Striker. That was interesting. Closing my eyes, I quickly drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

The Academy of Alactria is up to 511 reads! Thank you to everyone who has read this book and voted!!! However, I have one request. Please comment. I really want feedback on the questions at the end of the chapter and I do have a few questions for this one too:

Do you want to see more of the dragons?

Would you like the plot to be a bit faster or do you want to know about the different lessons?

What are your first impressions of Electro?

If you want me to update, please say! I often have the next chapter typed up but I do not always post it.

Whekim