|Thirty- six|

MERYL KLOSS.

As Xerxes mentioned the previous day, Nikcolai, Roman's twin arrived in the early hours of the day.

I joined Xerxes along with his brothers to welcome Nikcolai who was a splitting image of Roman, his short hair and hazel eyes the only difference between them.

He was breathtakingly beautiful. I was assured them being a royal as well as the offsprings of a god himself had something to do with their inhumanly features and beauty.

Nikcolai greeted me politely but he had the same aura as the rest of the brothers- dominating, overwhelming and powerful.

Standing amidst them made me feel small, smaller than I already was. They made me realized how weak I was, but at the same time an odd sense of security because Xerxes was near me.

Everything went smoothly and without any problems. After learning about their special abilities, I couldn't even fathom the difference in our status and even strength. If I was Japan, they were the Earth.

My eyes moved to the  rows of books in the library where I have holed up yet again because Xerxes seemed to be even more busier than he already was after the arrival of his brothers. They seemed to always be discussing about one thing or the other.

I never pried on Xerxes' matters, nor would I ever because I believe he would tell me himself if there was anything to be concerned about but then again him being an Alpha King made me feel assured and confident that there wouldn't be any matter than he couldn't tackle.

I believe in his judgement and his ability to lead our entire being.

"I choose you today." I picked out a book at random. "Miracle births." I read the title out loud and nodded at myself in satisfaction.

I grabbed that book and head to the study area. I took a seat in the comfortable sofa and opened the book.

Xerxes was busy so I have other ways to keep myself entertained- books.

The clock in the library showed five past ten and I had fifty five minutes until lunch, so I got busy with the books while waiting for lunch.

I didn't realize how long I read but I was fascinated and drawn by a particular prophecy about a miracle child to be born among the werewolves that would save the very existence of the werewolves.

"Meryl." I felt a light touch on my forehead and someone shaking me by my shoulder lightly.

Rubbing my eyes tiredly, I tried to get up and get a good look around me. Last thing I remember was being in the library and I was still in the library, in the exact same spot but not alone.

A familiar scent hit my nostrils and sense heighten, yet my eyes were taking its sweet time to adjust to the darkness.

"Xer...xes." I mumbled in confusion, my eyes blinking rapidly to get a good look at him.

When did the room get so dark?

As if hearing my thoughts, I felt him move and heard some shuffling around the room before the lights were turned on.

And there he was, looking effortlessly appealing to my eyes without doing anything but just standing. Was this the mate bond?

"Was I asleep for long?" I asked stifling a yawn that threaten to escape from my lips.

He didn't respond but walk towards me. "I got here a few minutes ago." He responded in his deep voice crouching before my sofa.

His answers were always short and to the point, he never bothers to explain any further than the answer he gives, which was why I understood what he meant- He wasn't in the room for long so he didn't know how long i was asleep.