Chapter 25

"I would have wanted a chill vibe this evening. You know, we'll have a glass of champagne or some red wine, and get drowned on the aroma of some scented candles on the table and all over the place, and listen to a set of chill out songs until we all get wine-drunk and love-drunk and we'll all go home later thinking that love is a fairytale and St. Valentine will save us from our hangover tomorrow," the beautiful Chaeyoung said on the mic.

She was on her rockstar Madonna-inspired 80's outfit. Chaeyoung chose to wear a faded black boyfriend tee that had the iconic Rolling Stone Tongue printed across it, which she rolled up and tied tightly in the front, showing her flat abdomen. She paired it with a pair of high-waisted acid-wash vintage mom Guess jeans that was badly ripped on the knees and which she rolled the hems up, to accomodate her black army boots. A series of chain accessories were clipped and hanging on the belt loop. She was wearing a black cross earring on her one ear and a silver hoop earring on the other, along with the other earrings on her both ears because she had at least a total of eight piercings.

Her hair was permed and tied in a sophisticated high bun. A yellow paisley-designed bandana was wrapped around her head, the ribbon at the top, and another bandana was tied around her neck in a fashionable way, together with a set of dangling necklaces. Her lips was painted in full blood red and she even put a fake mole at the upperside of her upper lip, for fun.

The crowd before her responded with a series of laughter from the guys and a dragging romanticized 'Aawww!' from the ladies who mostly were wearing ridiculously big, hairy wigs and sunglasses bigger than their faces. They had a glass of Alabama Slammer on their hands, courtesy of Jiyeon and Chahee, while the guys were gripping their hands around their bottle of beers and they all raised it to Chaeyoung and together they were chanting "Hear! Hear!" Coaxing Chaeyoung Park to be funny as hell and tell them the things they wanted to hear.

Chaeyoung started strumming her guitar and played the intro to her opening song for the evening. It was a classic Bon Jovi song, volume down. Followed by A-yeon's drums, who chose to wear her famous lingerie attire on her YouTube viral video instead of dressing in retro-style. Much to the delight of the young and excited uni-boys and to the amusement and horror of the girls. It was winter, after all. Nobody in their right mind would wear a lingerie. But A-yeon was, of course, an exception. Because she's hot and sexy as fudge and she could pull the ludicrously revealing lingerie attire off.

"But my girls think otherwise. They don't want a chill-out evening, apparently. So, they rebel against me," Chaeyoung said with her soft voice, which made her audience laugh louder. "So, what do you say we'll have a whole lot of 80's rock n' roll to celebrate this Valentine's Eve? We'll all still suffer from a bad hangover tomorrow, anyway" she continued with a chuckle.

The crowd erupted and cheered and wolf-whistled. Mainly because they thought that Chaeyoung was being unusually funny tonight and because they really wanted to drink the night away and suffer a bad hangover on Valentine's Day tomorrow. So that they have an excuse not to wake up early and feel the pressure of the V-day in the morning. Plus, the song that Chaeyoung and her band was about to play was a great song. One they vaguely remembered they listened to a lot when they were all toddlers and their fathers would play it on their cassette players on Sundays and weeknight after-dinners.

"We've always wanted to play this one in front of you, guys, on a party and a night like this," Chaeyoung said while working on her guitar. Jin-Ah and Ji-In were now working on their instruments, as well. Harmonizing with Chaeyoung and A-yeon. Both wearing heavy makeups, both trying to replicate the band Kiss and Alice Cooper, arguing that though both great acts were formed in the late 70's, they were dominant in the 80's.

Most of the people in the audience were not in a relationship, or had been in a relationship but it ended before they even know it, and they were all grateful for the Orange's 80's-theme pre-Valentine's party, because the girls didn't have to dress up to impress a date and the guys weren't required to buy flowers and chocolates or teddy bears and wear a suit.