Chapter 1

"Ah look at my little angel. She already seems to be fascinated by the work of the mafia.", Mike beamed happily as Lauren watched a movie with men loading trucks and gunning down the cops.

"You know sir she is at the right age to start training. Why not test her out?", Liam suggested.

"I think that's wonderful idea. Get the room set up and I'll be there in a minute", Mike ordered.

Liam nodded and headed to the training room to set up everything. Mike smiled down at his twelve year old daughter as he walked to her side. Lauren's green eyes were fixated on the TV when a man with tattoos started to carve mercilessly at a man's skin with a knife. Lauren studied the way the tattoo man moved his fingers with the knife and over the cuts he made. She was in absolute awe at how satisfying it was the watch the poor man's blood just pour out of him while the man with tattoos held the power.

"Enjoying the movie my angel?", Mike asked quietly.

"Yeah papa look at all the blood.", Lauren pointed excitedly at the TV.

Mike laughed "Yes my angel it's beautiful isn't it?".

Lauren nodded in agreement as she was picked up by Mike and placed on top of his shoulders.

"Aww papa, but I wasn't done with the movie.", Lauren pouted.

"Don't worry you can come back and finish it I promise, but I want to show you something cool.", Mike said.

"Ooh what is it papa?", Lauren asked curiously.

"You'll see.", Mike cooed.

He carried Lauren to the training room where Liam was waiting right outside the door along with other mafia group members. The members greeted silently for the arrival of the leader and young heir.

"It's all ready sir.", Liam confirmed.

"Wonderful thank you.", Mike thanked.

"Hi Liam!", Lauren greeted.

"Hello Miss Lauren.",Liam greeted quietly and left with the other group members.

"Hey papa? How come everyone here calls me Miss. Lauren?", Lauren asked curiously stopping Mike from opening the door all the way.

"Why don't you remember our talk my angel? You are the future of the mafia and everyone must learn to respect you. If they don't then they must be dealt with.", Mike said as he pushed the door all the way.

The training room was equipped with high level machines, weapons, and combat areas for the mafia to better themselves. Mike set Lauren down and watched as Lauren scanned the room in awe. Lauren has never seen the training room before, but she's glad she gets to see it now. She recognizes most of the weapons due to the movies she seen.

"What do you think Lauren?", Mike asked.

"It's so cool papa!", Lauren exclaimed happily as she ran to the weapons layout.

"I knew you would like it. As future of the mafia you will take my place as leader to better our name. And of course we can't a weakling now can we?", Mike asked sternly.

"No papa the weak are not worth the mafia just like you said.", Lauren answered.

"That's right. Now that you are old enough my dear it's time you start your training. It's time to become strong, mercilessly, cold blooded, and black hearted. Do you think you're up for it my angel?", Mike asked as he kneeled down to Lauren's eye level.

"It seems a little scary papa.", Lauren admitted nervously.

"I know Lauren, but we can fix that through training. You'll fear nothing.. instead everyone will fear you. You will hold that power and much more too.", Mike pressed on.

"Really papa?", Lauren questioned for reassurance.

"Oh yes my dear, but the real question is if you are ready.", Mike reminded.

"I'm ready papa.", Lauren said bravely.

Mike smiled approvingly "Very well my angel. Let your training begin. Now."

Mike had trained Lauren for hours and hours. Busting her bones, shredding her skin, tearing every piece of pure innocence out of her. Lauren could feel the difference in her as she masterfully completed each course of her training. Making Mike very pleased and prideful. Lauren's eyes had a different light to them and her body contained a new stronger posture.

___

"You've impressed me greatly over these few years my angel.", Mike stated proudly as he scanned his now eighteen year old daughter.

"My how strong you look.", Liam added approvingly.

"She has grown tremendously I say she has gained her power and would perfect as the new leader.", Mike commented.

Lauren stood mindfully on her black altar as her father and Liam took a look at her. Lauren scanned the training room she once thought was impossible to complete to now see as something a baby could do blindfolded. Lauren has changed. Lauren has no fear, her blood pumps with hate, her body poses of strength, her heart is beating black, her soul as cold as ice, and her piercing green eyes show off intimidation. Lauren loves the way she is now she can't begin to understand how she lived without such power.

"My daughter is to be the assassin until it is her time to be leader.", Lauren heard her father whisper.

"Sir are you sure?", Liam whispered worriedly.

"I am more than sure. Look at her. She has what it takes.", Mike said.

"Very well sir.", Liam said as he left the room.

"My angel come forth please.", Mike ordered.

Lauren stepped forward to her father. Looking at him dead in the eyes as she awaited for what he will say.

Mike chuckled "I am very proud of you Lauren. I always knew from the moment you were born you would exceed my expectations. Now you must look forward to role that you will be held to take when my time passes. You understand that yes?", Mike questioned sternly.

"Yes father. My role is to become the leader of the Jauregui mafia when time passes over your ruling.", Lauren answered in a heavy voice.

"Correct. But I see that you have much talent that shouldn't be wasted away. So I have decided while you wait to take your rightful place in the mafia you will an assassin.", Mike stated.

"An assassin? Father do you believe I am capable of such job?", Lauren questioned hesitantly.

"Oh my angel of course. You have proven so much during your years of training. Being an assassin is perfect for you.", Mike reassured.

"If that is to be my role before I take my rightful place then so be it.", Lauren said.

"Very well then. You may rest for now my daughter, but remember to always be vigilant and ready. Who knows what could happen at any minute.", Mike said as he turned to face the door.

Lauren nodded turned to the chains of the training room figuring she could work out with them. That was until Lauren heard the wind of something being thrown her way as she skillfully turned and caught the flying object, a knife, just in time before it her face. Lauren was about to throw the knife back before she saw her father facing her.

"Just testing.", Mike smirked and left the training room. Lauren rolled her eyes playfully throwing the knife straight in one of the training dummies head.