Chapter 9

(3rd Person)

After Aizawa's declaration, everyone was determined to prove they should stay in the hero course, of course. The softball throw wasn't until later, the one (Y/N) did was simply something Aizawa wanted to show the class as an example... however he took offence that (Y/N) wasn't trying his best and told him he'd need to do it again, this time with his full power later, otherwise he'll expel him on the spot no matter his rank on the board, after all: this is a test to see how much power you can use as your maximum and if (Y/N) wasn't willing to show his whole power, he had no chance of knowing his limitations.

The first event was the 50-metre dash, the way it worked was a robot with a camera would be placed at the end of the track with pairs of students running as fast as they could, with or without their quirks. The first pair was Iida and Tsu who were both at the starting line waiting patiently as the robot gave the signal to begin the race. Iida was instantly off, the engines on his legs helping tremendously with boosting his speed, he quickly passed by the robot with an impressive time of 3.04 seconds and then Tsu hopped forward with a time of 5.58 seconds.

Next pair was the girl who greeted Izuku this morning, the very same brown-haired girl who All Might told (Y/N) and Izuku that her name was Ochako Uraraka, along with a student with blonde hair with his quirk seemingly being a tail with blonde fur at the end of it. (Y/N) saw Uraraka touch her clothing and then her shoes as a brief light resonated from her fingertips, no theories on her quirk came to his mind however as the two ran off with the tail boy getting 5.49 and Uraraka finishing with a time of 7.15 seconds.

After that, Mina stepped up to the challenge with another blonde student... though for some reason whenever (Y/N) looked at this guy, he couldn't help but think of someone who has quite the opinion on themselves. He was also wearing a belt around with his waist with a sphere on the front, unlike everyone else, he suddenly turned with his arms behind his head. As soon as the robot announced the start, the blondie jumped before a sparkling laser came out of the belt's sphere part.

However, halfway into the race, he had suddenly stopped using the laser which allowed Mina to get ahead of him. Although he did end up with a finishing time of 5.51 seconds, Mina easily beating him with 4.93 seconds. Then, it was (Y/N)'s turn, he was paired up with the girl with the black-haired ponytail. The two of them crouched in position side by side as the robot reset itself, ready for the next competitors.

Robot: On your marks...

The two started to raise their bodies slightly, ready to go off.

Robot: Get set...

The two tensed, once again showing they were ready to go off.

Then the robot made a sound similar to a gunshot... everyone except for Mark, Sofia and Aizawa went wide-eyed at suddenly seeing a massive dust cloud get kicked up once the sound registered (Y/N)'s ears.

Robot: 0.04 seconds!

1A (Except for Mark and Sofia): Huh!!!!???

(Y/N) had already made it past the robot, luckily his opponent didn't get too distracted and managed to get past the robot with a time of 5.34 seconds. Next, the grip strength test... and boy was that one difficult for (Y/N) to do considering too little would make him seem a weakling, his normal grip strength would put him way above others and too much would just break the damn machine. Mark seemed to not be as troubled and got a grip strength of 600 kilograms, so with a sigh, (Y/N) noticed how everyone had suddenly gathered around him making him grow a sweatdrop...

1A: 845 kilograms!?

Iida: And it doesn't appear as though he's using his quirk either!

Uraraka: Woah, who would've thought that someone like him was in our class?