Chapter 58

Before reading this I just want to say something. Today (Wednesday 12th December 2018) a boy, in my sixth form committed suicide. I wasn't that close to him but I spoke to him a few times. He was an amazing guy, always happy and loving to everyone. It's so heartbreaking, it really is. RIP. Please keep him in your prayers and/or your hearts. I can't believe he is actually gone... ❤

Luca's POV

I type away, my laptop is going to end up freezing if I keep typing so fast.

My office door opens and my gorgeous wife walks in, she's smiling and I just realise... Again, how beautiful she is. She is five months pregnant, she has a belly bump and I don't know, this may sound weird but it's really cute.

"Hey." She says as she walks towards me. I get up from my chair and give her a smile, she puts her arms around my back and I do the same, I give her a kiss on the lips and look at her, "You're so beautiful." I tell her.

She laughs and shakes her head, "Far from it, handsome." She says to me in a mutter.

"What did you say?" I ask her, even though I heard what she said. I roll my eyes, "You are stunning, okay, like absolutely gorgeous."

"Thanks I guess." She frowns and she gives me a kiss on my cheek.
I look at her, she looks tired and I sigh. This must be extremely difficult on any woman - being pregnant. "Sit down." I say to her.

"Why?" She asks me as she slowly sits down on my chair, she looks all confused and it's just even more adorable.

God, I can't believe I am using words like adorable and cute to describe someone.

"Because... You need to relax and stop stressing out so much." I tell her.

"I am fine." She lies, yes, I know she's lying because she just said those three words so fast. An instant reaction.

"No you're not." I respond to her, I give her a kiss on the forehead. I go behind the chair and place a quick kiss on the back of her neck, "Just relax, okay." I whisper to her.

I massage her back... Well try to. I'm not a professional massaging therapist.

"That feels good." She mumbles to me and I smile.

"Happy to hear that." I say to her. I keep massaging her back, her neck and I just place a few kisses on her when I want to.

When she has a reaction to my touch, it makes me feel so loved. I feel amazing, like I have won something. I don't see her as a prize of some sort, but I am just so grateful to have her here with me.

I am the luckiest man on this planet.

"Luca?" Valentina says my name, I look at her and she asks me, "So about Brittany, when are you going to put the plan in place?"

"Soon, my dad is just getting out of the copies, the information we need to take her down." I tell her, "Don't worry, it will be all over before you know it." I assure her.

"Okay." She nods her head, she gives me a smile and then says, "I just want everything to be all sorted before the baby is born. I want everything to be perfect for the baby and I want us to be a proper family."

"We will be." I hold her hands and kiss them, I give her a smile and say again, "We will be a proper family, you won't have to worry about anything, I'll make sure of that."

"I'm excited and scared." She whispers to me as she gazes out of the office windows.

"I am also very excited and very scared." I tell honestly. I just really hope that I am a good father, I hope I protect this baby, give him or her everything that is necessary.

"My next appointment is next week." She mumbles to herself, "Gender reveal..."

"Yeah it is." I nod my head, I can't contain my smile and happiness. I hug her, she gasps and then hugs me back. "Sorry for that unexpected hug." I chuckle and I breath in her beautiful scent.

I look at her and she laughs, "Don't apologise... I am guessing you are excited about the gender reveal, right?"

"Yeah, I am really excited about that." I say to her, "I am going to be the happiest man alive, for the fourth time in my life."

"Fourth?" She looks puzzled and then she asks me, ever so innocently, "When were the other times you were the happiest man alive?"

"The day I married you." I smile at her, "The day we confessed our love for each other, the day I find out your pregnant... And now, because there is no place I would rather be, than with you."

Only now I just realise she is crying, "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask her, I embrace her into a hug and she carries on crying. "Val, what is it, babe?"

She looks at me and sniffles, she wipes away her tears with the back of her hand and smiles at me, a few tears are still falling down her beautiful cheeks, I wipe them away and she whispers to me, "Hormones... It's just my hormones." She chuckles and then says, "Even if it wasn't my hormones, I would have still cried, that was beautiful - what you said was beautiful." She nods her head and kisses my cheek.

"I meant it." I say to her with reassurance, "I meant all of it, I love you more than anything in this world. You are my everything."

"Okay stop." She laughs and smiles at me, "You are taking all the great and loving words to say. I want to say something back to you and I can't because it's going to sound like I am copying you now."

"So basically, everything that I said, you want to say to me?" I ask her as I raise my right eyebrow up and smirk.

"Mhm." She mumbles as she nods her head. "Sounds like some Shakespeare sh*t."

"Ay, everything was going all romantic before you said the word 'sh*t'."

"Did I ruin the moment?" She questions me as she narrows her eyes.

"No." I tell her, "You wouldn't be able to ruin anything. You're perfect."