Chapter 29

Weeks went by and Davis was just now bringing up the talk he had with Malia to Hanna.

"Hey baby how do I look?" Hanna asked walking into the room with some lingerie. Red lingerie to be exact. Red was Davie's favorite color , and she got her way just by wearing that color , but not today.

"Good baby , you look good." He said as he drew his attention back to his computer.

Hanna sighed , "You didn't even get a good look. How do I look babe. Tell me." She walked closer to him and have him kissed from his forehead to his neck.

"Hanna, not tonight babe."

"Come on Davis. You've been pushing me away for weeks. What's up?"

He shrugged , "Nothing."

"It's something. Tell me."

He turned around,"I just wanna know more about Jalen and his past. I mean he's my step son for crying out loud and I don't know a thing about him."

Hanna was hesitant, but anger grew over her face. "You know what , I'm going to bed."

"Why? I asked a simple question Hanna. I've been asking the same question for years! We've been married for how long and I don't know one thing about my step son? Is he even yours?" He asked.

She charged towards him and mushed Davis in his head, "How dare you ask me that? What kind of question is that Davis? What kind of person do you think I am? Jalen is my son! My child!" She yelled.

A part of Davis did not believe her. Nothing was convincing about it.

"Okay. Fine. Go to bed. I'll be working if you don't mind."

"Davie I—"

"Please don't call me that." He froze.

"What? Why? Everyone calls you-"

"Just don't. Please."

Hanna folded her arms , "Oh I get it."

"Get what?"

"You don't want me to call you that because it reminds you of Malia."

"What? No not at all."

But indeed that was the reason.

"Okay. Whatever you say." She said sitting on the bed.

"Let me ask you something."

"What is it Davis?" She put emphasis on his name.

"How come we never had kids? You knew I wanted more and you never gave them to me."

She sighed , "I'm not about to argue with you tonight."

"Argue? Who said we were arguing Hanna I just want to know the truth. A couple of questions bother you? I'm your husband. Be honest with me. Why didn't we have kids?"

"I didn't want anymore." Hanna confesses.

"Why baby?"

"Because Jalen was a miracle baby for me."

"So you lost a baby before?"

"The doctor once told me that I couldn't have kids, so Jalen's dad got me pregnant , I was scared that I was gonna have a miscarriage,so I was really careful with my pregnancy and I had my healthy baby boy. She smiled rubbing her stomach.

"So what happened to his father?"

"He was in a gang. You know how that goes."

"So He was killed?" Davis asked.

Hanna just nodded. He didn't believe a word she was saying.

Davis never really knew why he married Hanna. He couldn't find anyone else , and Hanna was always there by his side since he met her , so he took their relationship further.

They don't really act like a married couple. They don't have sex like they should and they don't go out. If they do go out , they're going out on their own. Davis be with his friend and Hanna be with hers. It's almost like they're roommates. Davis often thinks about Malia, especially when he drops Paisley off.

"Hey. Pay Pay is sick so she won't be going to school." Malia said as she stood at Davis' door with Pay on her side.

"Awww my baby girl looks so sick. How you feeling?" He asked.

"My head hurts and I've been throwing up."

"She has a fever." Malia said. "Go lay down Pay. I'll see you Sunday." She kissed her daughter as she walked in the house.

"So did you speak to Hanna?" Malia asked.

"Yes. It's like she made up a whole story on the spot. She's believing her own lies."

Malia shrugged , "She's your wife."

"Hey come on. Don't do that."

"Do what? Am I not telling the truth? She's your wife. You should know if she's lying right on the spot. That boy in there is Brayden. That's my boy in there and if she doesn't prove it , I'll have to call the police."

"No Malia don't bring the police into this."

"Then make her confess. I've missed years of this boy's life. At least you're living with him I don't get to see him , smell him or hear him at all. That's all I ask for."

She began to get teary eyed and that's when Hanna pulled up.

She walked up to Davis and kissed him on the lips which was really rare , but Malia was there so she had to do something.

"Oh hey Malia! How are you?" Hanna smiled.

"I'm good. How are you doing?"

"Oh I'm blessed. Very blessed." She said as she stared at Davis.

"That's good. Well I'll get going. I'll see you Sunday Davis." Malia said as she walked off.

A little hurt showed on her face. Seeing the man she gave her all to with another woman crushed her sometimes. Malia was mingling and what not , but nothing compares to the feelings she has for Davis. She still loves him , it was the anger issues she couldn't deal with and not to mention he put his hand on her which was the last straw for him. She knew he regretted what he did , but they was growing apart ever since Brayden went missing. Paisley thinks that it is her blood brother, but she doesn't have proof, she was trying every way to prove that he was Brayden. Pay Pay get it in her skin that it was him even though she never really met him. She saw plenty of baby pictures and home videos , and that little boy looks like the boy that's named Jalen.