NINE | BETRAYAL

( NINE | BETRAYAL )

• • •

"I SAID NO bloody axes! Not here! Not now!" James cried to Peter, his arms waving in frustration.

Peter squeaked, dropping the two axes he carried in each hand. The small boy huffed in defeat and crossed his arms.

It was now Saturday - the weekend before Venus's date with Dirk Cresswell - and James was planning to adorn the Gryffindor common room with as much Halloween decor as he could manage. With the holiday coming up within the next week or so, the Potter boy was trying to get everything in it's correct place and he had specifically told Peter the axes were 'too last year' to have them in this years decoration.

Oh yes, he did this last year. And the year before. And the year before that. And - well you get the point.

Venus let out a small giggle from the Gryffindor couch she lounged on with her head laid upon Remus's lap. Remus glanced down at the blonde from his book at her short laughter and held back a smile at the sight. He had one had holding the fictional book and the other hand gently running through Venus's hair, something he knew she found relaxing.

The blonde girl was kidnapped after lunch by the four boys and brought to their Gryffindor common room. The snatching was, admittedly, just Remus and James as Sirius was nowhere to be seen since breakfast and Peter merely followed along behind James as though he were a lost puppy.

During the Ravenclaw's time in the Gryffindor common room she had been told numerous knock knock jokes by Peter, who was proud to have come up with so many, smothered by Remus when James tried to grab her hand to get her up from the couch to help with decorations, and given a confused look by Alice Longbottom whom was walking to the girls dormitories when she saw Venus's Ravenclaw robe on the arm of the couch next to her.

Whipping his head to Venus, James rose a brow, "You think this is funny, do you Grendahl?"

The blonde quickly coughed to cover up her giggle, "What? Funny?" Cough, "No, that would be completely ridiculous."

"Not as ridiculous as what I'm about to tell you lot." Sirius pipped up, entering the Gryffindor common room and collapsing onto the couch with Venus and Remus. He lifted Venus's legs so he could sit and laid them onto his thighs, relaxing into the couch.

Venus glared at Sirius for moving her legs, but didn't make any protests as she was still comfortable.

James turned to Sirius, exasperated, "Sirius!"

The Black boy hummed in response, his fingers trailing absentminded circles on Venus's ankle, unknowing how the action stirred butterflies in the blonde girls stomach.

"Can't you see I'm trying to decorate the common room!"

Sirius glanced around, his brows raising a bit after noticing the decor before he turned back to James with a silly wide smile, "Looks great, mate."