Chapter 32

Josies POV

"We're here!" The driver said as we came to a stop.

I groggily opened my eyes and looked out the windows. It was still dark out, meaning it was really early since we left at midnight last night.

I grabbed my phone and saw it was only five in the morning. I let out a groan and sat up, giving Billie a light shake to wake her.

"We're at the hotel." I said to her as she didn't move, she's so hard to wake up.

"What time is it?" Camila said as she rubbed her eyes.

"Five a.m." I informed her.

She sighed as she stood up, wrapping her blanket around her.

"Let's go. We can go back to bed in actual beds yo." Danielle spoke tiredly as she got up as well, waking Isaac.

We all tiredly climbed out of the bus into the cold morning air, but stopped once we realized we were missing someone. Eli.

Isaac let out an annoyed sigh and walked back onto the bus and returned seconds later with Elijah behind him with his hood up and headphones still on.

Nobody said anything to him. We all just continued into the hotel and to our rooms to go back to bed. Right now I am too tired to do this bullshit.

-

I got to watch another amazing show tonight. Billie did exceptional, as usual, and Danielle was even more hype than the last stop. God I wish I could watch the two of them perform every night.

Eli is back to normal with everyone but me. He won't even look at me. What could be worse than being stuck on tour with someone who's completely ignoring you? Oh I know, that person being one of your best friends.

As we all made our way back to the hotel I sat in silence, stuck in thought.

I've decided I need to talk to him. I can't do whatever we are doing right now anymore. It's ruining the whole tour experience for me and I just hate not having him as one of my best friends.

"I'm going to head to bed guys. I'm fucking zonked." He said as he went to his room.

"You sure bro?" Billie questioned him.

"Yeah." He shut the door behind him.

We all continued to Billie and I's room to chill for the night.

"Shit, I think my chargers in your room Isaac." I lied so I could go talk to Eli.

"Want me to grab it?" He said.

"No!" I replied too quickly, making everyone give me a weird look, "I can get it."

I excused myself from everyone and made my way to the twins room.

I lightly knocked and to my surprise Eli answered the door. He looked shocked when he saw it was me.

"Yes?" He said, not welcoming me in.

"Can I come in?"

"Uh I guess." He walked away from the door and sat on the bed.

I shut the door behind me and followed him, sitting next to him Indian style.

"What's up?" He acted as if he didn't know what I was doing here.

"You know what's up Eli." I gave him a serious look.

He shrugged, not adding to the conversation.

"You're avoiding me and I have a feeling it's because of what happened after the San Fran show." I added.

"I have not." He lied.

"Seriously Eli, cut the bullshit." I said, getting annoyed.

He sighed and finally looked me in the eyes for the first time in two days.

"Alright I'm sorry Josie," he paused, thinking of what to say, "I don't know why I said what I did at the club. I was drunk."

"Are you just saying that because you don't want to have this conversation? Or is that the truth?" I raised a brow.

"I dunno." He said quietly, looking down at the bed.

I felt my heart drop a little because that's not the response I wanted to hear from him. How am I supposed to go back to how we used to be if I know he likes me? I don't want him to misinterpret anything.

"Listen, you're a really cool chick. You're so funny and not to add that you're beautiful. Can you blame me for getting caught up? You're the whole damn package."

I felt a blush pass through my cheeks.

"Eli-" I started.

"I know Josie. You don't see me like that."

"I'm sorry-"

"Let me finish," he cut me off, "I know you don't see me like that. We're best friends Josie and that's something I have come to terms with. Know I only want you as that, a best friend. Nothing more."

I gave him a confused look, completely lost at this point. Did he not just admit to liking me? What does he mean?

"When we first met last year I had this massive crush on you and I thought it was mutual for a minute, but then you got involved with Bella." He continued, knowing I was confused to what he was saying.

I rolled my eyes at the mention of my ex's name.

"I realized you had zero interest in me and pushed my feelings to the back of my mind till I almost forgot they were there. Seeing you with Billie mixed with the alcohol just made them resurface last night I guess." He finished explaining.

"So let me get this straight, you like me but you don't want to date me?" I furrowed my brows.

"Something like that," he chuckled, "But use the word like very lightly. I just care about you a lot."

"So are we okay now? Can we go back to normal?" I asked, still not one hundred percent sure where we stand now.

"That would be pretty dope." He grinned.

"Good. Well I've been gone for much longer than I was supposed to so I better head back to the others. Oh that reminds me, can I steal a charger? That was kinda my excuse to come in here." I laughed.

"In the bathroom." He chuckled.

"The bathroom?" I laughed at him.

Who charges their phone in the bathroom? They're a bunch of weirdos.

I turned to go into the bathroom.

As I turned I saw Billie leaning against the wall. She did not look happy at all.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked nervously.

"Long enough." She said as she turned and walked out the room.

"Billie!" I shouted as I chased after her.