Chapter Sixty Three

Hailey's POV

I'm starting to go insane here.

It's been four days since that night in the alley, four days since Issac got shot, four days since he was rushed to the hospital, four days that Axel has been dead, four very long days that have felt like complete hell.

My dad immediately had to go into work mood the second the paramedics left and officers showed up to the seen, after all there had just been a massive shoot out in the warehouse near by.

My dad had one of his guys look after me as he went back to work and I stuck around him for maybe about a minute or two.

I begged him to go into the warehouse, to go look for a friend of mine that was still in there, meaning Dion, I needed to know that he was okay, but by the time he came back outside he said that no one inside matched his description and that immediately gave me hope that he could be alive still since his body wasn't left laying around.

I instantly tried calling him over and over and every call always went to his voicemail. Officer Owen then proceeded to tell me that he had strict instructions from my dad to take me to the hospital where the Matteo's would be waiting for me and I obviously didn't hesitate and quickly climb into the back of his patrol car.

The drive to the emergency room really didn't take long but it honestly felt like forever with my anticipation. I nearly sprung out of Officer Owens car before he could put it in park and instantly ran into the ER to find Mr. and Mrs. Matteo already waiting here, devastating looks on their faces.

His mom instantly gets up from where she's sitting the second she notices me and runs in my direction, instantly wrapping her arms around me.

"Oh thank God you're okay!" She exclaims, pulling me in closer to her.

I instantly breakdown in her embrace and hug her back, "I'm so sorry," I sob.

"Shhhh, you're okay," she runs her hand up and down my back.

"No, this is all my fault!" I continue to cry.

"Hey," Mrs. Matteo pries me off of her. She places her hands on my face, cupping it. "Don't you dare blame you're self for this, okay? Everything is gonna be fine, he's gonna be fine, you'll see, okay?"

I nod my head as tears continue to spill out of my eyes, and Mrs. Matteo is quickly wiping them away.

"Come, sit," she wraps her arm around my shoulder, leading me towards where her husband is sitting, who's currently preoccupied with his phone, a steely expression on his face.

I sit with Issac's parents for about a good ten minutes, laying my head on Mrs. Matteo's shoulder, when a young lady in baby blue scrubs walks out into the ER, she scans the small crowd asking for the Matteo family and Isaac's parents are instantly on their feet, with me not that far behind them.

The young lady introduces herself and ask's us to follow her through the door that she just came out of and we do. She leads us down a couple more hallways in silence until we're stopping in front of another waiting room, only this one is empty, unlike the ER waiting room.

She then begins to talk to Issac parents, explaining to them that she can't say much right now, she'll leave it to the doctor when he comes out, but that Isaac was immediately rushed into emergency surgery when he arrived to stop the bleeding and to see if bullet removal was possible.

She proceeded to explain that he should be out in about an hour or so, but Isaac's surgery doesn't take about an hour or so, it actually takes a little over two hours for a doctor to come out to speak with us.