SEVEN; BETRAYAL IN TWOS

───THE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BAN was not lifted for Newt as the hearing quickly took a sour turn with Newt refusing to take any sort of clear side in the matter

───THE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BAN was not lifted for Newt as the hearing quickly took a sour turn with Newt refusing to take any sort of clear side in the matter. It was what Theseus had feared to begin with as he had tried numerous times to explain that approaching Newt bluntly would not end well. They tried to get him to agree to join the Auror department and Theseus knew right away what the answer would be. It was a clear "no" and in order to hopefully play the sympathy card, it was revealed that Credence Barebone, a boy that Newt was familiar with due to his travels in New York,  was still alive.

The tension seemed to increase as Theseus had been sworn to keep the information to himself until the hearing, but he could see the slight betrayal in his brother's eyes that he wasn't informed earlier. It had been a messy situation, but it was revealed that Credence the obscurial, had left New York just around the same time Newt had and was somewhere in Europe. And of course, Newt took it as them asking him to hunt Credence down to kill him.

To make matters worse, before Theseus could intervene, Gunnar Grimmson entered the room unannounced. He was a bounty hunter of sorts and immediately, they had lost Newt as he wanted nothing more to do with the hearing. Completely furious, Newt stormed out of the room with his travel documentation denied by Torquil. Theseus remained in the room for a moment longer as Grimmson smiled and looked around the room, all too prepared to take on the mission that he claimed Newt was too soft to do.

Not willing to hear anything negative spoken about his brother, Theseus abandoned his chair and left the meeting room as well to chase after Newt. Of course, the entire hearing was probably going to poorly reflect on Theseus at the time, but he didn't really care. He still needed to speak with Newt before he decided to leave.

"Newt!" Theseus called after him sharply to get his brother to stop. Eventually, Newt came to a halt and turned around, definitely not looking pleased with the situation. "You think I like the idea of Grimmson any more than you do?"

Biting the inside of his cheek for a moment, Newt met his gaze briefly before looking away. "Listen, I don't want to hear how the ends justify the means, Theseus."

As much as Theseus didn't want to have Newt involved, they were really coming upon a time where no one had a choice and he couldn't put up with Newt playing stubborn. "I think you're gonna have to pull your head out of the sand!"

"Okay, right, here we go," Newt said with an exasperated tone, " What a selfish...irresponsible..."

Theseus didn't have time for all the back and forth. "You know, the time is coming when everyone's going to have to pick a side. Even you."

"I don't do sides."

"Newt..."

The conversation seemed to be coming to an end as Newt decided to cut it short and started to walk away. However, Theseus ran after him, not allowing his brother to go just yet. Unfortunately, it wasn't going to be as simple as Newt just saying "no" and having the Ministry leaving him alone. He knew that Newt wasn't one for hugs, but it wasn't safe to just speak out in the open.