43 . Cancer...

Monday..

Banglore
Ananya reached Banglore airport at night  10. Her father is standing at the exit gate of the airport. Ananya walks towards her father with a smile.

"How are you baccha?", Ananya's father asked while taking her in a bone crushing hug.

"I am good dad. How are you"? She asked.

"How will I be when my daughter is far away", her dad said while keeping her bags in the car.

Ananya didn't say anything , she just looked away from her father with teary eyes. Her father saw her face and understood that something is bothering her daughter so he tried to lighten up her mood and said he is absolutely fine. Ananya gave him a small smile and sat in the passenger seat.

During the whole ride she is awfully quite. She is looking outside the window and  seeing the changes in this city from past two years. Two years which changed her life. Two years in which she lost herself as well as her near and dear ones.

They reached their home and Ananya saw her mother and sister waiting for her at the entrance. She ran towards her mom and hugged her followed by her sister. All four went inside the living room and got settled there.

"How are you both?"Ananya asked.

"We are good. How are you?" They asked Ananya.

"I am good too", Ananya replied.

"Ananya go and get freshen up then we will talk", Ananya's father told her.

Ananya got up taking her bags and went to her room. Nothing had changed in this house. It give her same warmth which she received two years back. She is feeling as if she is in heaven. She got inside her room and kept her bags and went to freshen up.

On the other side in the living area Ananya's parents and her sister are waiting for her.

"I think there is a solid reason behind Ananya's arrival. She said she is coming for some seminar but I doubt it is true", Ananya's mom said.

"Yes even I agree. Let her come we will ask her about her arrival as well as why she stopped coming to Banglore", Ananya's dad said.

Ananya came after some time and sat beside her sister.

"Ananya now tell us the reason of your arrival", Ananya's dad asked.

"Dad Rehana..Rehana", Ananya couldn't complete her sentence as a lump has been formed in her throat and she is on verge of crying.

"Rehana what Ananya?"her mother asked while sitting beside her.

"Mom Rehana is suffering from cancer", Ananya informed her parents while crying.

There is a pin drop silence for next few minutes ,all three are shocked by this information. Ananya is crying sitting on the couch and now her mother is consoling her.

"Ananya are you in contact with her family?" Ananya's father asked.

"No dad", Ananya said while wiping her tear from the back of her palm.

"Then how did you come to know di", Simran asked.

"Karan told me", Ananya said.

"Who is karan?" Her father asked.

"He is the doctor whom Rehana's family as contacted for her treatment", Ananya said.

"And how you know him?" Her sister asked.

"He is my friend", Ananya replied.

"When did you come to know about her?", Ananya's mom asked.