25

Mark's Pov

Amy was still sleeping, she is sore from last night, I didn't mean to go so rough. I will carry for her around for the day if I need to.

"Chica stays with Amy," I said then headed to the balcony, I closed the door behind me then called Sean.

"Hey what's up? How is your trip?"

"I tricked Amy, Last night while I was taking Chica out a lady dressed as a maid entered the room, Amy was taking a bath. Long story short, Amy was so scared that Jorden found her and this stupid bounty that once she was asleep. I undressed her and put her back in the tub, I waited in the room for her to wake up then rushed in like I just brought Chica back in and she had a bad dream."

"You did it to protect her."

"I know, but I feel wrong for doing it."

"I already knew about the maid, she is in fact hired by Jorden who somehow paid her to scare Amy, I didn't go to bed yet."

"We are in a freakin different state, how did she find us?"

"A buyer and his slave were on the plane, he contacted Jorden and had someone follow your car to the hotel."

"Fuck."

"It's okay, I contacted the hotel and explained to them a little what's going on, I will call them again and have them act like none of it happened around Amy."

"Thank you. She is having a lot of fun."

"Yeah, they also told me to ask you guys to keep it down. A few noises complain came in before the maid came in."

"You want me to stop that beautiful sound? Nah. They can deal with it."

"I had a feeling you would say that look I am glad she was able to get the monsters to leave her alone but remember there are kids in the hotel with you."

"Fine, I will try but I am not promising anything."

"Go have fun with her, I will keep a tab on Jorden. Oh, and Kenny told us 98% of the buyers."

"Why only 98%?"

"He claims he can't remember the others, He said he wants a few things to help jog his memory."

"What kind of things?"

"Mark, he wants that book back."

"Fuck no."

"Not only does he want it, but the station wants it for evidence, I did tell them that we think Jorden has it. She is going to tell them no, you need to make sure you don't get caught with it."

"I'll burn it when we get back."

"What are you burning?" Amy asked rubbing her eyes, she was holding onto the door.

"Good morning sunshine, I will be right in. How did you sleep?"

"Good."

"That's good, give me a few minutes and I will be right there."

She nodded her head then closed the door.

"As soon as you get home burn the book and the box it is in."

"I am going to hide it better, I am thinking of taking Amy up to the cottage in the mountains, I know I am not on the force anymore, but I still have a few favors owed to me. I'll take it up with us and burn it there."

"Sounds good, go take care of her."

We ended the call, I walked back into the room.

"What are you burning?" She had an Angel plushie in her arms.