Part 10

(there's a cuddle part in here you'll know when you read it, and I couldn't help but post this in, this is what they would look like)

Mia's POV

It's been a while since they all left the room but I can hear them talking just on the other side of the door though I can't make out their words.
This room is very bright, even with the light off everything is still slightly blurry. I wish I was at home I don't like these people and I can't predict their moves, they can lash out at any second now and I only hope I'm prepared.

I've been laying under the corner table since it's the closest thing that resembles my cage.
The floors aren't as cold as the basement and it's unsettling because my body isn't numb from cold so I can feel everything. I wish I can just go home.
I lay my head on my paws making sure to not let my guard down.

My ears perk up when I hear the voices start to quiet down they must be leaving down the hall.
It's only a few seconds later when a lady walk into the white room.

"I have some food here dear, you must be so hungry and I have some pain medication to help, make sure you take it dear you'll feel a lot better after"
I sit up and bow my head keeping my body low to the ground. She must be here to drag me out so I get my daily beating.
I watch her feet closely as she moves closer, she crouches down and I feel her stare and me making me feel uncomfortable.

"Here"

I glance up and notice a tray in her hands that she sets to the floor. She points to some small tablets that are beside the tasty looking food.
"These should make your aching and pain go away please do take them and eat as much as you can"
She walked out of the room leaving the tray in the middle of the floor.

What do I do with this? I ate yesterday and I'm never fed so soon after a meal. And why is it not kibble? This is human food, I'm not a human. I don't deserve their food, I'm nothing more than a dog.
I move my head to the side so I'm not starting at the food anymore, the smell was filling the room and it was so good I just wanted to try a small bite.. just one?
No
Alpha would find out, this is just another test to see how obedient I am.
I closed my eyes for just a second but I couldn't seem to open them again as I started to feel very tired. I let sleep take over,  just a few seconds and I'll open them again.

Knocking at the door made me almost jump out of my skin. I look at the door with frightful eyes, will it be Alpha?
I glanced down at the food again, it was still there in the middle of the room but it no longer had steam coming off it. I must have slept longer then I intended too.
My eyes darted back to the door as it opened up, I saw the new stranger come in but his presence was nothing but one of a calm state. Even so I greeted him with head hung low in submission.

"Hello, you haven't met me yet but I'm Nate" his voice was so smooth, he's really good at hiding emotions and that makes him dangerous. Only Alpha could do that but he would snap when unexpected.

I started to shake when he got closer to me.

"I'll keep my distance.. hmm you haven't eaten anything" he crouched down to look at the food "these pills will help you ya know, I'd eat them"
I didn't move or make any gesture that was off command.

He sat down and just stared at me.
"Lay down" He randomly spoke after a while and I instantly lauded down keeping my head bowed.

I was staring at the ground keeping my senses sharp focusing completely on him waiting for the snap and the full anger to be unleashed like Alphas.

I was so focused on the man who just sat there and looked at me to notice the lady from before walk in.

"Oh doctor Nate! Your back from your trip? Did you find your mate"