|year one|

\\\\////

"Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every color wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted to one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks." ~J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, and the Sorcerer's Stone.

////\\\\

    Vienna Marcus didn't know what to make of all the - absolute- chaos surrounding her on Platforms 9 and 3/4. It appeared as a sort of warzone to the bright and beautiful young witch as she held her Aunt's hand, maneuvering through the crowds of people, pets, and carts filled with heavy trunks. The young witch was mildly alarmed at the sheer amount of people, her being used to the quiet countryside back home in Pennsylvania and not expecting to be nearly swallowed by a stampede of crazy colors. Everywhere she looked there appeared to be a new witch or wizard in a new color that she didn't even know existed up until that point and her Aunt had to continuously tug the young girl away from gawking at them. It wasn't until the two broke through the crowd that Vienna finally got to gaze at the scarlet train known as the Hogwarts Express. Vienna would never admit it out loud, but she was slightly nervous about attending the great Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Aunt Heather had told her all about the prestigious school and the different houses, so Vienna was somewhat prepared, but she was still nervous about a new school. Growing up in the United States, Vienna knew she was going to stick out like a sore thumb due to her accent and her somewhat mystifying appearance.
    The young girl took after her father in almost all of her more noticeable looks, her hair was as white as freshly fallen snow and her eyes were the color of an amethyst sky. Her heart-shaped face and celestial nose came from her mother, along with her quiet personality and love for all things book related. Despite Vienna's preference to keep her head down, her father's fierce disposition and love for experiencing life broke through occasionally. At least that's what Vienna's been told. Vienna could barely remember her parents, she grew up hearing stories about their adventures and their 'epic' romance. She could remember the night they died. To Vienna, it sometimes felt like it had just happened, but in reality, it had been nearly eight years since they were murdered. They had been taken from her at three years old by a Dark Wizard known as Lord Voldemort, who was killed by a baby named Harry Potter only a few months later. It was odd that Vienna could remember that night so vividly, despite being only just a babe herself, but it sometimes flashed across her eyes and found a way into her dreams. She didn't allow herself to dwell on the memories though and continued to live a normal, borderline boring, lifestyle. 
    "Alright! Are you sure you have everything?" Heather Abbott had been the best friend of Elizabeth Marcus since childhood and once Elizabeth, along with her husband Johnathan died, Heather took it upon herself and immediately welcomed the newly orphaned Vienna into her home. Aunt Heather was full of horrible puns and energy, bouncing around on the balls of her feet almost constantly, but she also was full of good advice and lots of love. Vienna had gotten extremely lucky when Heather adopted her and she made sure to always show her appreciation. Whether it was a freshly cut bouquet of Yellow Tulips for her birthday or just a simple 'thank you' card when Heather taught her something new. Vienna always wanted to make sure Aunt Heather knew how much she loved and appreciated her being her family. That's why when Aunt Heather asked the already repeated - ten times over - question, Vienna gave her Aunt a bright smile before replying. "Yeah, I have everything. Are you sure you'll be alright on your own?" Heather let out a light chuckle before pulling her young - unofficial - niece into her arms for a tight hug. "I'll be fine. I think I might pop in to see my younger brother and his wife, along with your cousin Hannah." She looks thoughtful for a moment as she pulls away before picking up Vienna's cage containing her owl. The pretty barn owl named Oliver - affectionately named after the kitten in Oliver and Company, a muggle movie that Vienna loved - hooted happily in his cage as Heather handed him over. "Don't forget to write me and feed Oli before you send him off with a letter." Vienna managed to nod at her Aunt's words before she was being pulled back into another bone-crushing hug. "I'll miss you so much!" Her Aunt practically squealed the words before she finally released Vienna. "I'll miss you too Aunt Heather. I promise I will write and feed Oli." Heather nods at Vienna before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and begins to usher the young girl onto the train. "Try to make some fun friends!" Vienna rolls her eyes but agree's that she'll try and steps cautiously on to the train before twirling around once more. "Love you!" Heather smiles warmly at the girl, her eyes becoming glassy with pride before she answers. "Love you too Vienna! Study hard!" A final wave comes from Vienna as she finally vanishes into the scarlet train and leaving a teary-eyed Aunt behind her. 

*********************************************************

    Meanwhile, across the platform, Fred Weasley was trying to get his youngest brother to eat - what he knew was a bogey-flavoured jelly bean - and failing. "No! It's going to be a gross one! You always give me the gross ones!"Nine-year-old Ronald Weasley was stomping his feet in protest and attracting attention from nearby patrons. "Come on Ronnikins! I swear it's not gross!" Ron's face grows to be the same shade as his hair - a near fiery red - at the unwanted nickname. "Don't call me that!" Besides Fred, George Weasley - his twin brother - chuckles in amusement at Ron's tantrum in the middle of Platform 9 and 3/4, earning the clan of Weasley's disapproving looks. "Fred! George! Quit pestering your little brother!" Molly Weasley was incredibly tired of the shenanigans caused by her two twin boys. Did she love them with all of her heart? Yes. But was she glad they were leaving for school finally? Yes. The twins had been trouble since the very first day they came into this crazy world, they had been born so quickly, that Molly had to give birth in the pantry at The Burrow, and she should have known they'd like their pranks and practical jokes, considering they were born on April Fool's day. "Mum! I want a jelly!" Eight-year-old Ginevra Weasley was pulling on her mother's worn cardigan and pointing to the box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Bean in Fred's hand. "Ginny darling, you'll ruin your lunch." Molly pats her youngest child's head before turning to look at her second and third oldest sons, Charles Weasley and Percy Weasley. "Please look after your brothers. Try to make sure they stay out of trouble." Charles - more affectionately known as Charlie - snorts in amusement at his mother's words. "Fat chance. I can almost guarantee those two will have a detention within the first week at Hogwarts." Molly huffs at his words before looking towards Percy, who already had his head in his gently used Potions Textbook. "Percy darling, look after your brothers. Please?" The thirteen-year-old groans in annoyance but gives his mother a small "Fine". 
    Fred and George had been listening in on the conversations this whole time, shooting half-hearted glares at their mother when she wasn't looking at them. "We're still here ya know?" George calls out to his mother who huffs at the young boy. "Yes yes, I know Fred." George rolls his eyes and gives his twin an annoyed expression. Fred shrugs his shoulders and they decide to not correct their mother...this time. It wasn't until the warning horn sounds from the train do the Weasley's start saying their goodbyes. They were always quick, considering there were seven Weasley children, Molly had nearly perfected letting go of her growing babes. Fred was in the middle of one of Molly's famous hugs when a flash of white from inside the train grabs his attention and he struggles to pull away from his affectionate mother to try to inspect the reasoning. But it was gone as quickly as he had seen it, so he shrugged it off without a second moment's thought. "Alright! All of you study hard, remember to write, be kind and most importantly -" Molly's eyes train onto the Twins and she points at them as she finishes "-stay out of trouble."   Fred and George nod at their mother's glare before turning around abruptly and rushing off to get onto the train before their loser older brothers. They send a wave and a smile each at their mother, younger brother, and sister over their shoulders, already planning a nice prank for Percy on the train to their first year at school.