━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝗹𝗶𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty-two: necessary risk█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter forty-two: necessary risk
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

    "ALRIGHT, HERE'S THE PLAN,"  Poe says as their group circles up

    "ALRIGHT, HERE'S THE PLAN," Poe says as their group circles up. Finn, Rose, Indira, BB-8, and EV-1 all gather around to listen to his newfound strategy. "Obviously, we're not letting anything happen to Finn. He hasn't done anything wrong and he doesn't deserve to be locked up in a cell like Stefan — who, by the way, we are totally busting out of prison."

     "How are we going to do that?" Indira asks, brow furrowed. "Isn't his cell guarded?"

     "Connix will help," he explains. "I've got comm links for all of us to communicate with her. She has access to the prison cells and the schedule for the guards, so I asked her to tamper with their shifts. We should have a window of about five minutes between one of the rotations where the cell is unguarded."

     "So, during that time you sneak in and do what?" She frowns. "The cell doors have encrypted codes and they have cameras watching them at all times. If we break Stefan out, someone will notice."

     He nods. "That's right," he says. "But BeeBee can get the doors open and Evie can loop the camera footage for Stefan's cell. If we set up a decoy, it should stall the guards long enough for us to smuggle him out."

     Indira shakes her head, thoroughly unconvinced. "Even if we manage to successfully break Stefan out without getting caught, Holdo will still be after Finn," she warns. "This doesn't fix any of our problems; it just creates more of them."

      "Maybe not," Finn says. He looks to Poe. "We might have come up with a plan to disable the tracker."

     "Emphasis on the might part," Indira interrupts. "It's mostly just a theory — nothing concrete yet."

     Immediately, Poe's head snaps over to Finn. "What's the plan?"

     He sets his hands on his hips. "We figured out that they're only tracking us from that ship."