━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝗹𝗶𝗶𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty-three: our little lives █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter forty-three: our little lives
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty-three: our little lives █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

    "YOU'VE BEEN BUSY," Holdo says. Those are the first words out of the woman's mouth when Indira steps foot onto the bridge of the Raddus. For a moment, she feels a faint flicker of panic rush through her and she thinks that the vice admiral knows everything; that the only reason she's been summoned to the bridge is so that she can be locked up in a cell.

However, the moment passes and Indira squares her shoulders before she inhales deeply, holding her breath for several moments before exhaling slowly. "You'll have to be more specific than that."

      "The turbo-lifts," Holdo responds, clasping her hands together as she walks down the bridge, gesturing for Indira to follow her towards the windows. "I hear that both elevators are fully operational now — all thanks to you."

      "Yes, it's almost as if I'm actually good at my job," Indira replies; not bothering to hide the bitterness. "How strange."

     "Strange indeed," Holdo answers, lip curling into a wry smile. "Tell me, does your natural talent as a technician come from your mother? When I knew her, Jana was never the type to get her hands dirty, but I heard that she had quite the exciting life before she joined the senate."

      The mention of her mother makes Indira stiffen. "No, I didn't inherit it from her," she replies and that's the truth. As much as Indira loves her mother with ever fiber of her body, she knows that Jana Beren's strength has never been fixing things.

      "Then from your father, I presume," Holdo says. Indira looks at the woman out of the corner of her eye and finds the vice admiral watching her carefully.

      "I didn't know my father," she says evenly, "and my mother didn't tell me much about him, so I can neither confirm nor deny your presumption."

      "Ah, yes. How silly of me to forget."

"Is there a reason you called me here?" Indira asks, raising a brow at her. "I doubt you wanted to speak to me just to discuss my mother's inability to wield a wrench."