━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝗹𝗶𝘃

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty-four: across the stars█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter forty-four: across the stars
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty-four: across the stars█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

FINN LOVES CANTO BIGHT. He knows he shouldn't — he's aware that it's a terrible place filled with terrible people — but gods be damned, he has never seen anything quite like it in his entire life. The city is made up of finery and flashing lights, but the people are extravagant, too, with glamorous outfits and high-fashion hairdos. For a brief moment, he feels nothing but starstruck as he takes in the sights around him with Stefan and Rose as they enter the decadent casino.

"Okay," Rose says, squaring her shoulders with determination. "Now that we're here, we need to find Lando Calrissian and get the hell out of this place as soon as possible. We don't want to linger."

     He knows that she's right — they've got a job to do, after all — but he also feels surprised by the venom in her voice. Even during their long flight from the Raddus to Canto Bight, Rose had sounded anything but eager about visiting the wealthy planet.

     "Rose, do you know this town?" Finn asks.

     She gives him a guarded look. "From stories," the technician replies grudgingly. "It's a terrible place filled with the worst people in the galaxy."

     He frowns, glancing over at Stefan. "Do you know this place?"

     The former First Order officer sighs. "In a fashion," he admits, crossing his arms over his chest as he scans the room filled with wealthy socialites. "Who do you think all of these people are? There's only one business in the galaxy that'll get you this rich."

     Finn's face falls slightly as the realization dawns on him. "War."

     "Selling weapons to the First Order," Rose confirms, doing very little to hide the disgust in her tone. "My sister and I grew up in a poor mining system. The First Order stripped our ore to finance its military, then shelled us to test their weapons. They took everything we had — all because of people like this. I wish I could put my fist through this whole lousy, beautiful town."