Struggle for Trost Pt.5

Chapter 10: Struggle for Trost Pt.V

Trost, Naval Force Protection Battalion, German Navy

Rudolf escorted by Hermann entered the Garrison Regiment's HQ through its broken gateway. Upon stepping inside he was soon greeted by sight of a previous slaughter.

The floor and the walls were painted red by the blood of the victims of this slaughter. The soldiers those were not busy on patrolling the outer perimeter of the castle were busy treating the few wounded and gathering up the remains of their comrades scattered all around the courtyard.

"We have barricaded the supply room for now," Hermann informed him. "We don't know for how much time that gate could be able to hold."

Upon arriving Rudolf noticed the doors to the supply room to be fully intact.

"How did those Titans get inside?" He inquired.

"It was due to some of the members from the supply unit." Hermann replied. "After the commanding officer of this area abandoned his post along with the best-trained men. The supply unit was left with little to no protection against the Titans. When the larger Titans broke through the front gate the smaller ones snooped in and invaded the lower levels of the HQ. During the slaughter, a panicked soldier opened the door of the supply room to escape but he instead ends up letting the Titans in. After we moved in we were able to box them inside after one of my men sacrificed his life while shutting off the door for good. But in return, we were totally cut off from our much needed supplies which would keep us in the fight. I have placed some of my men inside the room keeping the Titans distracted not letting them bust through the supply room's door and rampaging all around the HQ."

"Have you tried to take back the room ?" he said

"Yes we did twice, but both the times it ended in failure. I lost seven men down there." He answered solemnly.

"We will avenge them." Rudolf assured him. "What is our next course of action ?"

Hermann quickly pulled out a piece of paper out of his pocket and unfolds it on the ground. It was the interior plans of the entire castle.

"There are total seven 3 to 4 m Titans present in the room. The only way in or out is the lift leading to the room. I have a squad of soldiers ready for an attack on my signal but for the attack to success I need the Titans to be and led away from the lift and crippled for an easy kill."

"There is where we come in ?"

"Yes, after witnessing your advanced weapons in action I am certain you will be able to pull that off." Hermann states with a spark of hope visible on his face.

Rudolf took a moment in properly going through the interior plans.

"What kind of equipment are stored inside the room ?"

"Swords, ODMs, Gas cylinders and Cannon rounds." Hermann quickly replied.

"How many cannonballs do you have in there ?"

"I don't exactly know, but more or less I presume three full crates of cannon shells were still left when we left to defend the city during the initial Titan assault.

"Hmmmm..."

"Explosives are a no go then. One spark and we might blow ourselves up to the moon. The best possible way is going Close Quarters against the Titans which you are well capable of. As soon as we enter the room, we will be forming a firing line just in front of the door. We will lure those bastards away from the center towards us. You along with your people will snoop in from their rear and neutralize those freaks as we keep them occupied." He explained. "The lives of my men are in your hands Captain, We make be able to cripple them but we cannot take them out. The killing has to be delivered by your men. I suggest you don't screw up."