Meet and Greet

Delilah

" Damn shawty, what's your name," Bear asked.

I was coming out of the corner store with a case of Smirnoff ice colds. I was hooked on these drinks and not just 'cause they where cold. They taste great and after a long day of work, I need a break. I need to just kick my feet back and feel some relations.

" Excuse, you! And my damn name is not shawty either," I said snapping his ass up.

" My bad, dang! Why a beautiful lady like you so damn mean," Bear asked?

" First of all, I ain't fucking mean and seconds you just don't walk up on me like that talking to me in shit. Didn't your mother teach you never to talk to strangers young man," I replied without a second thought?

He looked all Hood in shit and around here you just can't come off talking to Hood dudes with an attitude. But for me, I didn't care. I hated people walking up on me all in my space and shit. He was standing right next to me breathing all in a bitch face and all.

" Damn shawty, calm down. It doesn't even have to be all that. All a nigga wanted to know was your fucking name," Bear said with an attitude.

By now I could see that I was pissing him off by snapping him up but I didn't care.

" You don't need to know my name. One thing for sure, I have a man and not trying to get to know nobody else around these parts. If you know what I mean," I replied with a serious look on my face.

I was already in a relationship with one of the roofless gangstas in Duval, Bird. Bird Cardwell, he was well known in the city and we had been together all of five years. Our relationships had its ups and downs but he was my meal ticket out of here. And that's something I wasn't fucking up for anybody. Jacksonville wasn't that big and I couldn't even get caught up fucking with nobody in this city.

" So you're not gonna give a nigga no play after you done went off on me and all, huh," Bear asked?

" Didn't you hear me, I got a nigga. And just know, he doesn't fucking play about me," I replied.

" Good as you look I wouldn't play about you either," Bear said in a joking manner.

By now we had made it by my car door. Soon as I went to open the door to my 2018 Ford Mustang gt fastback all over red car Bear opened it for me.

" I see you are a hood gentleman," I replied joking back with him.

I couldn't lie Bear ass was handsome as fuck he stood about 6'7 feet and was about 280 lbs but he wore it well.

" I see you got jokes," Bear said.

" I got a little," I replied.

I took a seat in my car and placed my drinks over in my passenger side sit.

" Look, I have to go. Maybe, I will see you again," I said.

" I sure hope so," Bear replied.

This was only the began of how my life got fucked up. Meeting Bear had its pros and cons. I never meant to have this connection with nobody other than Bird. My Bird, I had known Bird since we were kids but the way he had been treating me lead me down this road to destruction in my life.

I had always been on the thick side but after have a couple of miscarriages I got much thicker. I gain weight and most of the baby fat didn't go anywhere. Thanks to the man I thought was my soul mate all I did was stress about him in these groupies around town. Every day I heard a different rumor about a different chick he was with at the club the night before. The sad part about it, I'm so used to them that the rumors nor the whispering others did when I came around really didn't bother me anymore. I know what you guys are thinking, why not just leave him and move on with my life? Trust me, I have played that scenario over and over in my head. Bird already made it clear that he will kill me before he sees me with another man. So you see, It wasn't all just 'cause I didn't want to go but more of I didn't want to test him. He has been known to murk a couple of people around town and gets away with. A lot of people be saying, he must be paying the law off or something because he has never done a day in jail. Not for selling drugs, are for none of the other shit he did around in here in Jacksonville.

******

Let me tell you guys a little about myself. My name is Delilah Rose but most of my friends just call me Del for short. Born and raised in Jacksonville Florida all my life. I didn't have any intentions on leaving here. I was twenty- five and I currently worked at a nail salon on 49th street down the road from the flea market so you see we stay pretty busy most days. Anybody that has been to Jacksonville knows that the flea market stays full year round. I loved doing nails but I was about ready for my own nail salon. Bird had been promising me to help me get up enough money to get it off the ground but lately, I and he haven't been seeing eye to eye. See I was a solid 260 lbs and 5'8 on the dot in height. I was a BBW. I was blessed with hips, thighs, and an ass sit up like the sun. I was blessed with this figure from my mother, Deloris Rose who passed away all of three years ago. I still couldn't believe she was gone and it was many days I stopped myself from letting out tears thinking about her. My mother was a good Christian lady and she tried her best to raise me to be a strong independent woman. Since her death, I caught myself-depending on Bird a lot more. It was days I didn't want to get out of bed to even face the world without her. Losing someone close to you can take a lot out of you if you let. My mother was just as big and red as me. I took a lot after Deloris and I saw a lot of her inside of me.