Chapter 1: Coincidence? I Think Not.

Hello! So this is my first fanfic, and I honestly don't have time for it but I'm procrastinating from college bcuz college is stressful. Normally I'm content with just reading fanfic, but I finally decided to try my hand at writing. Honestly I can't promise it's going to be good because I'm a terrible writer, so any constructive criticism is good! I'm writing because I want to have fun with this, so I hope you enjoy it!

I do not own any K Project characters or any names, etc. Only my own OC!

Hana sighed, looking up into the sky as she stepped out of the main Bio Building. Finals week was approaching and it was getting chilly. Even with her four layers of clothing, November in California was colder than what she was used to. She mused about her choice to become a doctor as she fast walked towards her dorm building. Hana was always prepared for the worst possible situation. The one time she wasn't, she lost.. No. Stop thinking about it. Hana instructed herself sternly. I have my first aid kit always in my backpack, my trauma kit, and emergency supplies. Nothing will happen. I won't be useless.

Heading back to the dorms is a five minute walk through the crowded streets. Growing up in a rough neighborhood meant she was always on guard. She didn't have earphones in listening to music when she walked anywhere by herself. Stepping on the fallen orange leaves, her feet made a satisfying crunch noise. Hana turned her attention to the food stores she passed by. She paused a bit outside of her favorite bread shop, only because it reminded her of her time in Japan. She missed the country, its culture, food, customs, and most especially its anime. Being a pre-med college student meant she didn't have any time to enjoy her favorite manga or anime, and there were times she wished she could be carefree. Do whatever she wanted and be whomever she wanted.

Continuing on, she stopped at the intersection. This intersection was famous, because people driving in UC Berkeley just didn't know how to drive. They sped, were reckless, and personally most of Hana's friends had close calls when it was their right of way.

It was red for her, so she stopped at the sidewalk, thinking about actin and myosin, protein structures, and eukaryotic gene regulation.

"TIFFANY!" A voice cut through Hana's peace, as she turned her head toward a seven year old girl who was half way through the crosswalk. The little girl - Tiffany - stopped and looked back towards who Hana assumed to be her mother, whose face was contorted in horror. Tiffany's mother was on the sidewalk opposite of Hana's.

Ah fuck it, this is so fucking cliched. Hana thought, her years of being on the swim and track team coming in handy as her muscles quickly responded to her natural instinct. Hana lunged for the little girl as a large blue SUV was headed straight for her, going too fast to stop on time. Hana's outstretched arms pushed the girl out of the way, leaving her body exposed as the SUV slammed into her abdomen and side, throwing her several feet down the street.

Ah fuck, this hurts. I probably have several broken ribs and internal bleeding. Might also have a concussion. Stupid backpack did nothing to cushion the hit. I'm glad I was able to do something though. I would rather give my life up saving someone, even if my goal was to become a doctor. I don't regret this at all. Hana's eyes slowly closed as her blurred vision picked up people swarming around her yelling muffled words.

"You don't regret it, eh?" A loud, clear voice sounded next to her head.

Hana blinked, pushing herself up from the runed floor. Huh? A floor filled with intricate carvings and runes? She looked down at herself, and she looked exactly as she did, before being hit. Medium-length black hair tied in a ponytail, jeans, a casual t-shirt, and nike shoes. 

I even feel the familiar weight of my backpack

I even feel the familiar weight of my backpack. My body looks and feels normal. Am I in a coma? Is this one of those reincarnation things? This is real life, not an anime. I'm not even in Japan!

"HAHAHA. What a funny head you have there."

Hana looked up to see a man with kind blue eyes staring down at her. He must be somewhere in his thirties, but there was something off about him. His atmosphere wasn't unpleasant, but it sent a tingly feeling in her fingers.

"Ah, my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Dresden Rex. Now who are you and how did you get here?" Dresden curiously asked her.

Dresden Rex: 

Hana stared at Dresden, and although the situation itself was suspicious, she figured she had nothing else to lose

Hana stared at Dresden, and although the situation itself was suspicious, she figured she had nothing else to lose. "My name is Hana, Hana Kugawa. I'm 18 years old and a first year college student. I'm from California. I'm not sure where this is or how I got here, but this doesn't seem like California anymore." Hana pointedly stared at the Japanese yukata Dresden was wearing.

"Curiouser and curiouser." Hana mentally facepalmed as Dresden uttered this, thinking about the fact that he was quoting Alice in Wonderland. "It seems like you were placed here, in my reality for a reason. My physical body is located in the Kanto region of Japan. You suddenly showed up, surprisingly because you're not a King, but you still gained some of my powers. Normally, only new kings meet me here where they gain their power. However, you're not a strain either who gained their powers from me from afar, mostly by accident. There's something that connects you to all of the clans, your power is somehow linked to that."

Hana stared at Dresden. Kings? Clans? Powers? But I'm an ordinary girl from California and this is NOT sounding like the anime K Project I watched in high school.

"Oh ho ho? So there is some sort of documentation of us in your reality? Is that so?"

"DUDE. In the most polite way possible, please stop reading my mind." 

Dresden just smiled at her like he knew something she didn't. And he probably did. "Well, all I can tell you is good luck, because something is stirring in my world and you seem to be the one to save it. Save my Kings and in turn, I will see if it is in my power to return you to your reality."

"Woah wait! I have more questions, how do I contact you? Where am I really? Powers? What powers? What time period is this? Am I animefied?" 

(What it's a legit question, Hana didn't have any mirror to look in and it's hard to tell if something happened without looking at her face. Her body certainly wasn't 2D, but then again, anime world rules. If she really is in an anime, her black hair probably turned white or something.) 

But it was too late for Dresden to answer her question, as her body started to fade out and her vision turned black.

Hi my fellow fanfic readers, I hope you enjoyed this! I have to juggle work, college, exams, and life in general. Also trying to write a good story considering the fact I'm a Biology Major (not an art or english or humanities major). Please let me know if I got anything wrong, also if you didn't notice already, Dresden Rex is the Dresden Slate from K Project. "Rex" meaning "King" is a word written on the slate itself.