Chapter 48

Emily's POV

I had my head resting on Daniel's shoulder as we all watched tv, which included me, brandon and daniel. It was late and we just sat in front of tv after dinner. Brandon was super interested in tv I had no idea why. Everything is boring on there.

I was sleepy. I should go to bed probably. "Brandon come here." I said pointing at my lap. He came obediently and I hugged him tightly as I sat him in my lap. I placed a kiss on his cheek but he swatted me away being much more interested in the show going on.

I turned my head towards daniel to see him looking deep in thought. Hmm. "What are you thinking about?" I asked as I interrupted him from his train of thoughts.

He turned his towards me and stared at me and I raised my eyebrows at him. "You."

"What about me?"

He sighed as he closed his eyes. "You once said that you had a brother."

I felt my heart drop at the mention of my brother. "I-I did?" Hesitating I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah when you came to my parents house the first time with david as his 'girlfriend'." He rolled his eyes as he said the last word.

I frowned, I don't remember. And even if I did say it. He remembers till now? "Your parents kind of misunderstood." I tried to avoid the topic about my so called brother. I know I should tell him. Soon. I will, just not now.

"Is your brother alive?" He asked after a while with hesitation in his eyes  as he observed that I had avoided the question last time.

I felt my heart sped at his words. "He-uh-I-" I stuttered as the flashbacks of us back in home came to my mind.

You are such a bitch. He used to say this alot when he beat me.

I wish you had died with my parents.

I wish god had you dead instead of my mom and dad.

I hate you.

You are so stupid.

"Emily." Daniel's voice brought me out of the painful memories. He was looking at me with concern. I blinked back the tears not wanting them to escape.

Everything ended a long time ago. Period.

"Was he in the car too?" He asked and I shook my head. "No." I whispered my voice shaking. I loathe him.

He nodded. "The-

"I don't want to talk about him!" I snapped but instantly regretted. His eyes widened at my sudden outburst.

"Alright." He said putting his hand up in surrender and I closed my eyes feeling bad.

"I am sorry." I said after a few minutes making the best puppy eyes face.

He smiled as he kissed my forehead. "I love you baby." He said for the second time in the day and I felt my heart do some summersalts.

I again rested my head at his shoulder and smiled peacefully. Brandon has fallen asleep in my lap as I played with his soft curly hair.

Daniel was holding my hand as he caressed my ring. "Hey,". He said and I raised my eyes up to his level.

"I am thinking of us all taking a little vacation, like a family." He said and I nodded excitedly.

"Really? Where?"

He chuckeld at my excitement. "Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know. There are a lot of places. What do you have in my mind?"