Chapter eighteen- But I'm not going to say it

Hey guy's... Check out this awesome series STORM AND SILENCE by RobThier.

It's amazing 💜❤

______________________________

It's a Tuesday morning and I'm counting one week with my life as my bullies secretary.

It feels like a month.

The time is a few minutes past nine and I haven't seen a sign of my boss.

Well you actually didn't look.

True.

But we have a fixed meeting with Ying and Shang in less than an hour so I expect him to be around somewhere.

I was by the cabinet locating contract booklets and a notepad that would be necessary for the meeting when my door was effortlessly opened.

And there's only one person who would step into my office without knocking.

" You ready for the meeting?" Hunter asks as he takes a seat on my chair that's behind the desk.

Still locating the files I need I gave him an answer.

" As you can see, I'm preparing."

Aha! found them.

" You know Iris, anytime I think back to Saturday I'm still surprised that the man agreed"

He will never give up on calling me Iris would he?

And he's been saying how shocked he is that Mr Reid completely accepted his deal without stress or strain.

" If you had so much doubts about him accepting in the first place why did you bother presenting it to him?"

Spinning on my feet, I see him seated cross legged on my meant to be official chair.

" What's the use of being a businessman if you don't take risks?" He shrugged and swirled around on the seat.

His happy mood is literally the strangest thing I have ever seen.

" From the way you're acting, it's like your probability of getting this deal was a ninety nine to one percent chances" I stepped towards the table and placed the papers with me on it.

" Do you know what it means for Mr Reid to say yes? It's a miracle!"

So he does believe not all things can go his way.

" Yeah, yeah and you better don't mess this up cause that man is putting a ton of trust in you. And I feel trust is his major headache in partnerships " I flopped down on the cushion that is towards the opposite end of the room.

" How could I possibly betray his trust?"

" Oh I don't know, maybe by shagging and planning to get married to his daughter only to have a family member on your side" My honest shrug is meant to tell him more than I'm letting on if he's been attentive to the person he's working with.

" How did you know? And for Christ sake that isn't the reason Michelle and I are in a relationship " So he does pay attention.

" That's what it will look like when he gets to know "

" How did you know about this?"

" The fact that you and Michelle were smutting? I think I was an eye witness on one occasion " Is he really asking me such a useless question?

" I mean about the marriage. How did you know?"

" I've been hearing all along, I'm not deaf you know."