28: Touch.

Things were going rather smoothly than I had anticipated between Jayden and i. If I thought, after we get into a relationship Jayden would somehow change- be it in a good or bad way, I was so wrong.

He was still a jerk, but my jerk. He was still the same, a tease and getting on my nerves almost everyday but I was used to it, used to his constant presence that if he were to stop doing what he usually do, I would be the one worried.

My parents reaction was not what I had expected, mum didn't look surprise but she was happy and supported our relationship so did Harper, whereas dad choked on the coffee he was drinking and I had to pat his back to comfort him.

He didn't have any objection but he wasn't too happy either.

"Where are you heading?" Mum asked coming out of her bedroom, dad was still at work he would be getting off from work soon.

"Jayden's place." I answered honestly. She quirked a brow my way which struck me as suspicion and doubt. "We're going to watch a movie." I explained.

Judging by the way her expression changed to relief, I had my suspicion on what she was probably thinking.

From the past few days, I could sense mum's nervousness and slightly anxious reaction whenever I mentioned Jayden. She always looked like she wants to say something to me but she'd hesitate and drop the topic. I didn't even want to put into words what she might be wanting to talk to me about.

Clearing her throat, mum's face changed to a determined one before she spoke. "You're already eighteen and knows how things work...so be careful...when you and Jayden...you know." She flushed as she spoke, she touched the tip of her index fingers repeatedly to make a gesture that had me flushing.

"Mum, oh my god." I cried in horror. I hid my face in my palms and dragged it down before easing her doubts. "We are not going to do anything..."I mimicked her gesture with my index fingers before realising how awkward this whole conversation was. "Don't worry about it." I assured her.

She released a loud breath as if all tension left her body. "Oh that's good then. Go now." She shooed me flailing her wrist in the direction of the door.

"I will be back for dinner." Saying this, I quickly made an exit.

The evening breeze blew on my face, calming my heart and taking away with it my embarrassment.

Shaking my head and slapping my cheeks lightly, I tried to get rid of any remnants of awkwardness that stayed in me after talking with mum. I didn't want to appear nervous and flustered when around Jayden. If he were to know what caused that reaction from me, I would be six feet under in humiliation.

I rang the doorbell of Jayden's place, which opened not a minute later.

With a bright smile and open arms I was welcomed inside the house. "I missed you."

"We saw each other in school." I mumbled into his neck and his held me by my waist and shoulder.

"Still." He let go of me and narrowed his eyes on me. "Why do feel like your love for me is decreasing?"

"That's your problem." I left him behind and walked into the sitting room. "What movie are we watching?" I asked going to the box where a bunch of cds were kept. I started looking through each cover, trying to find a good movie.

"I've already selected one." He walked towards the couch and picked up a CD which I didn't notice before. He held it for me to see, and smile widely, somehow wickedly.

"The nun!" My eyes bulged when I saw the terrifying cover.

Jayden nodded with a satisfied smile on his face. "Brian said it was pretty good. Makes one hold onto the other for support."