26 | opening files

AERI

after an eternity of searching, we finally found all of ours and quickly rushed our way to the room, made sure no one caught us, and luckily no one did.

"quick, quick." mark whispered, he stood beside the door and watched the boys run in.

chenle the last one to enter, mark finally shut the door and placed a chair in front of it. since there's no locks, and this was the most possible way to lock it.

we all sat in a circle, in the middle of the room and eyed each other for a second.

"so um, are we going to open this?" chenle asked impatient, mark chuckled softly and scratched his head. "yeah, of course! don't hesitate to."

donghyuck cleared his threat. "guys, what if this ain't a good idea? shouldn't we just go back, and place it so they won't suspect anything. i am really scared." donghyuck spoke, and it didn't sounded like him. it sounded more like me back then.

"no, it took us forever to find these, i don't wanna go back there." jeno frowned, and looked at donghyuck who had an unsure expression on his face.

mark placed a hand on his shoulder. "is there something bothering you?" mark asked, everyone looked at donghyuck and was ready to listen to him.

he sighed.

and looked at me.

"are you guys sure that you want to be taken away? is it confirmed now, that everyone in here wants a new home. is our promise about staying together broken now. what if, we never get to see each other again?" donghyuck bit his lips, mark gently smiled and grabbed his hand.

donghyuck licked his lips. "what i am trying to say is, if we get taken away from here, no matter what please do remember one another. because it would mean a lot to me, and to you." he said, making me automatically smile.

"it's okay haechan, we will always remember each other." mark eyed at the others. "lets promise that." he said.

"promise to never forget each other." everyone raised their opened hand, and spoke in sync making all of us chuckle in sync too.

"okay, can we now open it?" chenle asked politely, the leader nodded his head.

everyone opened their, while i for a while looked at them . "mark hyung.... help me." jisung spoke quietly, sat closer to mark.

i smiled, i almost forgot jisung didn't knew how to read, now mark is there to help him as always. jisung can read a tiny bit, because mark taught him when he reads marvel comics.

i smiled, then looked down at my files. there was a bracelet, a beautiful gold simple bracelet, with the pendant moon.

"moon aeri" i mumbled to myself, and smiled.

i placed it on the wooden floor, and took the small piece of paper. it looked like a letter. everyone got a letter, in each file there was a letter.

"rude, the sisters didn't even have us the letters our parents gave us." chenle whined, then continued reading.

i gulped, and opened mine.

dear aeri.
hello my lovely aeri, it's taeil. i am sorry, but i needed to bring you here. to bring you to ilsan orphanage. i don't want you staying with mom, you won't be safe there. mom has been drinking, and going insane after what happened. she wouldn't be able to take care of you, feed you, shower you, because that's what you were actually doing to her. now i want you to stay here, in ilsan orphanage. please don't be mad at me aeri, please don't be. i promise one day, i will appear there in front of you, and take you. i promise, brother just needs to need to work for money. then i will come back for you. i promise that aeri, i promise i will be back. i love you.

i blinked, gulping air again. i stared at the paper for a while, then slowly closed it and tried my best not to let a single tear flow down.

so it's actually taeil who brought me here, and i kind of remember him knocking the door for me, and letting me in.

"taeil just needs to go away for a while, i will come back." i remember him saying that, before sister nancy shut the door.

why would he send me away? he could have just let me stay home, and take me away when he came back. also, what happened to mom? was there something wrong with her. why wouldn't taeil let me stay with her.

i have so many questions to ask, and i to need answers.

i sniffed, and placed the letter beside my bracelet and grabbed tightly on the file.

i actually have no idea what would be written in the files.

i looked up, and saw the boys looked so busy reading and looking at their files. still mark helped jisung, haven't even opened his own file.

caring, and lovely brother.

i gulped, again. i slowly opened the file, and started to pull out my reading skills.

i'm sorry, aeri is born 2000!

i felt my heart stopped, as soon as i read the last sentence. no way, this can't be. that's it? all my informations, there's no more. do the boys have the same?

i looked up, and felt eyes on mine. it was donghyuck, with a warming smile, he slowly crawled to me and sat beside me. "something wrong?" he asked.

"no." i quickly answered, and closed the files. donghyuck grabbed the bracelet on the floor, smiling at himself. "moon aeri." he spoke.

he grabbed my hand, slowly circling the bracelet, then locked it. "looks pretty on you." he complimented.

stop donghyuck, don't let them grow bigger.

jaemin suddenly squished between us, and pointed a picture of him as a baby. "that's me? am i not cute?" he asked, smiling widely.

i laughed softly. "hmm, yes." i said, chenle came as well, quickly snatching my file away from me. "what about your picture noona?" chenle asked.

before i could say stop to him, it was late and he opened it quickly. his smile faded away, he closed it and opened it again as if he opened it, a picture would magically appear.

"where's your picture? you don't have that much informations too." renjun sat beside chenle, studying my file.

"i know...." i said, sighing and looked down at my fingers. "but does your parents number on the paper?" i asked, looking up again.

jeno shook his head. "not on mine, they are unknown."

mark sighed, placing the file on the floor, slowly rubbed his face with his palms.

"im sorry guys, but this actually doesn't include our parents number. we are here because they left us, which means the orphanage doesn't know our parents because they probably just saw us on their doorstep." mark said.

everyone's smile disappeared, and a sigh escaped their mouth.

"it's okay, there is still hope." mark tried to cheer everyone, as they all weakly smiled.

"are you sure? what else could we do? we don't have our parents name, how are we going to find them?" donghyuck frowned.

mark sighed, shrugging his shoulders. "actually i don't know, im sorry."

note: lose yourself -eminem.