28. Chocolate

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

I swear to god, if Nick didn't take the hint this time, I'd redo his nose if he even looked in Oliver's direction. Oliver had enough on his plate is it was, so that sorry excuse of a primate was better off keeping his goddamn distance!

I was mad. I was so mad, even hours later, when we were driving back home. Even Tilly and Arch had found some of their brain cells and hadn't messed with me. I knew they wanted to start teasing me for protecting the mate I didn't want, but they managed to keep their thoughts to themselves. I knew it wouldn't take long before they started with that shit again, but for now, they knew I was not in the mood for jokes.

Letting out a deep sigh, I turned to look out of the window just when we passed the gates to our territory. I frowned and turned to look back.

"The gates were open," I said out loud.

"Didn't you see the guards?" Tilly asked. "We're expecting visitors."

"Honestly, you two..." Arch sighed. "The Midnight Grove is coming to stay with us for tomorrow's meeting."

"Oh," I murmured and slouched back onto my seat. "Fuck," I grunted when I realized what it meant.

"What?" Tilly asked.

"I'm supposed to go meet their Alpha with my dad today..." I explained – I had completely forgotten all about it.

"Your dad is still forcing you go with him to the meetings?" Arch guessed.

"Yup..." I sighed angrily.

"Sucks," Tilly said sympathetically. "It sounds so boring."

I didn't give a damn about how boring the meeting would be. All I could think of was the fact that I wouldn't be able to sneak out if I was forced to participate in a meeting, where I had to sit right next to my father and socialize.

How long would he be waiting for me in the cold, dark forest, until he realized I wasn't coming...

"Does either of you know anything about begging?" I asked dryly.

They both laughed at my words.

"Sorry – I've never had to beg for anything," Tilly said apologetically. "But I think it involves tears."

"And you need to repeat the word please like your life depends on it," Arch added.

"And a lot of promises that you'll have to keep," Tilly said.

"Yeah, well, I already made one promise I have to keep," I sighed.

"I'll take that as a yes. I'll see you tomorrow then."

We arrived at my house soon later, and Arch and Tilly both joined me when I exited the car.

"Looks like the center is still open," Tilly spoke, and we all stopped to look towards our little village.