9.8 EXTRA CHAPTER XIX

The town is the jolliest at the night. The night market that glowed from red and orange lanterns flooded the darkness of the night. Stalls and shops are decorated with fine papers and plants, calling costumers to hook in. The noisiest part would be the pub where most of the older people are drinking and eating peanuts, catcalling ladies, and sometimes a brawl would suffice. The patrol gods are doing their jobs to maintain the order as they roam around to watch.

There are usually adults who are awake during this time. The kids are probably tucked in to sleep by their mothers. The people who are outside are either friends going out to play, or a couple dating, or some who wanted to have some chat and gossip with the neighbors. Usual groups of people are already noisy chatting, emptying their jars of wine.

"Aiyah, I was surprised when I heard about the test. I don't believe that a human was able to answer the world's hardest question. Even Lao zi can't answer it after two days!" Drunken man A said.

"I -hiccup- agree! But the scholars recognized it, right? If the human is able to do it then he is really very smart. I never thought the humans are hiding this kind of talent," drunk man B agreed.

"Also, hear me out! He brought an heir too! You see the boy? Just by the looks, I can see the younger version of the Emperor from him. Truly the next king! Not just his looks that are good, I also heard that he is pretty skillful and smart like the mother human."

"Maybe we should start looking for a human then?"

The men laughed. The other people who heard the words also chuckled. It is true that their emperor caught a golden fish this time. By just bringing him an heir, he is already qualified to sit beside the emperor. To why the trials are done, nobody from the outside knows. They just concluded that the emperor only wanted to show off the skills of his wife. He's too proud for a husband ah.

One drunken man stood up from the table. He stole a few nuts from the plate and chewed it. he patted the shoulder of the person beside him.

"I'll take some leak," he said, wobbly.

The people only nodded continuing their businesses. The drunken man walked down to a narrow part walking in unsteady feet. His vision are doubled, seeing things in a foreshadow. But, never once did he stumbled. For a drunkard who masters the drinking technique, seeing object in two is normal.

He found the toilet at the corner and pushed the door. But currently the facility is occupied so he waited outside. He found another sleeping man beside the door, seems like a drunkard like him. He chuckled, boasting on how low must this person's tolerance to alcohol is. The door did not open after ten minutes.

Huh? What the hell? Are they sleeping inside?

He wanted to kick the door open when suddenly he felt something cold passing behind him. He looked sideways, searching for the source of the blood lust. This person is still a dragon and when necessary can get sober anytime. He became cautious, eye clear away from being drunk and observed his surroundings. Aside from the sleeping man beside the toile, nobody is here.

What is that?

He is sure that he felt that cold running down to his spine. His hair rose up, sensing the danger lingering around. The dragon senses are sharp. Even though their eyes cannot see anything if their intuition says that there is danger, then there is danger. But where is it? Where is that blood lust coming?

While he was turning around and around looking, suddenly, a shadow appeared behind him. He stopped moving and halted to his position. Looking at the corner of his eyes, he can see through the peripheral an image of a person wearing a torn black cloak. The face was hooded with darkness, the whole image floating in midair.

Maybe it was the night, or the stranger, that caused the cool wind to lower. Fog started to surround them, thickening in a rapid pace. The drunken man started to panic knowing that this stranger is here to kill him. If not, why would he release his blood lust? Though, he can still fight despite his drunkenness but his blood only gave him a little power.

A half-blood is weak against the stronger ones.

Fuck it-, and the drunkard decided to run. If he stays here, he will surely be dead. After all, there is still that sleeping man beside the toilet. If he ran, he can use the other as bait. However, despite of him running away and the presence of the other guy, the black cloak still followed him. The mist is already thick lessening the visibility of the surroundings.

When he knows that he fell to the trap, he started to yell and perform some hand seal. If he cannot escape then he will fight. If ever he die, at least, he resisted. Killing a god is prohibited to the higher realms. If he was really killed, the Seal of the Thirteen Bells of the Covenant will appear to the killer's chest. The heavenly tribulation is still stronger than anyone else is.

This time, he turned around to see the opponent. The black cloak is really floating in the air like a ghost. He is exuding some dark smoke on his feet as if a phantom and an illusion. The mist only gave a more horrifying background.

"Who are you?" The drunken man asked.

Do you really think that the black cloak will answer? Of course, no. The stranger remained standing, moving its left hand up. The drunken man felt something tugging his neck then a pain pierced his heart. He clutched his chest and fell down, curling his self like a larvae. The pain that seem to burn his insides made him wish to die.

The black cloak walked closer to him. Seeing the wincing pain from the face of the person, the stranger can't help but to smile. This pain is nothing in exchange of something precious. He stranger held his hand out in midair, and a golden ax appeared. The drunken man who was blinded by the golden light coming from the weapon gasped.

That is... That is-!

Before he could say anything, a head rolled away from a body. Red blood sprayed out from the neck of the headless drunk man. The golden axe dripped the rich colored blood as the stranger collected the drops in a slender vial. When the vial received ten drops, a smoke that shaped like a human formed inside the vial as if a ghost trapped in a seal. The stranger closed the vial and threw it inside his interspatial ring.

This is victim number one.

From the human realm, the five main sects of the human continent received the message about a godhead being stolen. The long forgotten seal of the covenant appeared from their main halls, emitting a dangerous glow. The circular dial of a clock showed one hand striking the first number : one god was killed.

The cultivators that received the message were surprised. The last time the covenant appeared is during the times of the heavenly war. If that event will happen again, then another chaos will form. Every sect leaders started sending messages to the heavenly gods. The seal could only appear to the human world thus the higher realms might not know about this incident.

The stranger finished his job. He stared at the lying corpse without emotion. The mist dissipated as the black cloak disappeared. What remained on that cold silent night is a dead body of a god, and a shivering drunk man who witnessed the crime from the sidelines.

___________________________________________

Yay! Updated!