Chapter 45

EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER!!! Thank you all for waiting  till I finished and without further ado...

Serenity's POV

I stare at her for less than a second before walking past her and slamming the door to the cabin (not too loudly). To say I was pissed was an understatement. I was furious. I never did like her (Why would I??? She basically stole my husband (well his reincarnation at least)!!!) but I never did anything because he seemed to love her.

The first time I saw the loving look that Percy gave her, the one that said he could not live without her, the same look he had shown me eons ago and sworn he'd never show to anyone else, I felt it, my heart breaking and shattering into a million pieces. I had flash backed to the times when I'd avoid him and reject his many advances (even when I loved him). I remembered how I feared that if I did gave him my heart then he might break it by falling for someone else or cheating on me. I remembered how once I confronted him about it and how he immediately promised me that he'd never betray me. He seemed so sure then that he even managed to convince me that he'd always be mine and mine alone.

And yet he did, he gave his heart to someone that was not me. I know that it wasn't right to blame him since he did not have any memories of me but I was still afraid. I couldn't keep the fears that were slowing drowning me. I was afraid that he might never remember me or that I'd  always have to watch him fall for one girl after the other again and again. I was afraid that my symbol that was engraved in his heart would fade and my last connection with him would be gone with it forever.

I hated her then, the person who stole the one and only man who ever meant anything to me. But I couldn't do anything about it because if I did then I might never see that smile, that affectionate look that I'd grown to love or the sparkle in his eyes that I always find myself searching for. Even if they weren't directed to me, I didn't want them to ever disappear so I told myself that I was content just seeing those looks that once belonged only to me, even if it was directed to someone else. But even if your mind tells you something, your heart always tells something totally different. When it comes to love, it is always a battle between them, between that voice of reasoning and your heart.

Even though I never blasted her into oblivion, I couldn't keep myself from making her suffer at times. I remember using Windy's power to knock down a statue of Hera on her during the titan war although unfortunately Thalia pushed her away and ended up trapped. I did the same thing a second time, only this time I was successful (resulting with her being bed ridden for a month), during her time reconstructing Olympus after the giant war. Both times I had pushed a statue at random and both times it ended up being one of Hera's. Ever since then she's hated her (she did hate Hera before but all the more after the second time). When I noticed her hatred, I took advantage of it and sent a lot of cows chasing after her or making cow dung appear randomly where ever she went.

I never hated her for dating Percy, sure I was jealous but I never out right hated her. It was only after I found out that she had cheated on him with almost every guy in camp (except any of the army members and some others) that I started to detest her from the bottom of my heart but still I never did anything. I kept thinking that she'd change, that she'd feel guilty and stop or change after seeing his loyalty but she never did and in the end Percy found out and it broke his heart.

I know he didn't love her like how he did me but when a person has their fatal flaw as loyalty, betrayal is worse than death. Even if he didn't love her, the fact that he had been with her through everything, went to hell and back with her and had planned out his whole future with her. To have everything crash down within seconds, that is the worst thing that can happen to anyone, especially Percy. Each and every one that betrayed him might as well have stabbed him right in the heart because that was exactly how it felt, as if your heart was being stabbed over and over again. The only thing that kept it together was the fact that there were still friends with him and after he came back to me, I slowly mended his heart, wrapped up each and every wound. It wasn't just me; his father, Void, Order, Chaos, the army and now Poseidon, Chiron, Grover, Tyson, Frank and Hazel played a huge role in healing him. And I'm sure when End comes back, he'll personally murder Annabeth and everyone else (he was always a 'daddy's boy' as the earthlings call it) for what they made Percy go through...

As I entered the living room, I was bought out of my thoughts by a sound of a cough and sneeze coming from above me. I looked up to see Jason, Ethan and Nico tied upside down on the ceiling, no not tied... their feet's were frozen to the ceiling with actual ice. And the air around them was freezing cold. Seriously??? If he's going to punish them, he could have done a better job... They looked pale and almost looked blue from the cold and it didn't help that they weren't wearing any shoes or soaks so the ice was formed on their skin. I sighed and snapped my fingers making them fall to the floor with a thud...

Ethan (rubbing his butt numbly): Oww... Couldn't you have at least made some pillows appear before dropping us like that????

I gave him a glare while raising an eye brow. He gulped and softly murmured, "Never mind" before joining Jason and Nico at the fire place. I took a seat on one of the sofas and snapped my fingers, materializing some hot cocoa out of thin air for the three boys. Giving me a thankful look, they each took a mug while I materialized a coke and drank some, enjoying the fizz run down my throat.

Me: So... Did Percy explain why he punished you or did he just hang you upside down without saying anything???

Jason (sighing): Without saying anything... Without letting us explain though we didn't even know that they did whatever they did... Nico was just telling us about it...

Ethan (angrily): I can't believe they did such a thing without our permission... I get that they are scared about whether we'd leave them for someone from our old life but still... They shouldn't have done that... What exactly did they do??? Bind us with their symbol??? Prevent us from cheating??? As if we'd do it to them!!!

Nico: They can't help it... They can't risk getting jealous or such negative emotions or else they'll end up like End!!!

Ethan (starting to go loud): It's easy for you not to get mad since your boyfriend did it with your permission!!! They could have at least asked before doing such things!!! They...

Me (getting up and interrupting them): Look, I don't want to go through all this right now. Sorry, but I'm tired. I get how you feel and I agree with you. They shouldn't have done what they did without permission but I hope you can try to understand it from their point of view. They've never loved anyone before you three and they are scared of being betrayed and more scared on how they might react if something like that happened. Just think about it...

The boys went quiet and I could tell they were thinking about what I told them. I smiled and started to walk towards the room before turning around to say something...

Me (smirking): Ohh... On a brighter note, congratulations on getting engaged. If you're not dead tomorrow morning, I promise we'll celebrate...

I didn't bother waiting or looking at their reaction but turned around and marched to my room, grinning. I could feel them staring at my back in shock (looks like they didn't know that binding someone with one's symbol meant engagement... Oh well...)