EIGHT; FOR KELPIE'S SAKE

───NEWT WAS BEING FOLLOWED and to create a bit of confusion paired with a diversion, he decided to head off in one direction while Basil and Tyne left in another after leaving Theseus' home

───NEWT WAS BEING FOLLOWED and to create a bit of confusion paired with a diversion, he decided to head off in one direction while Basil and Tyne left in another after leaving Theseus' home. Tyne had yet to really say a word once Theseus came outside to say goodnight to them, she didn't find herself saying it back, creating obvious tension for all to witness. Instead, she clutched her selkie skin tighter to her chest and kept her gaze focused on the floor until Basil finally cleared his throat to announce they were leaving. With it just being the two of them, Tyne found it quite awkward as she didn't know anything about Basil aside from his name and his job title.

However, she didn't want to come across as rude in his company, feeling the need to start up a conversation. She would turn to him, open her mouth, but as soon as he glanced over in her direction, she would quickly look away and remain silent. He didn't seem to mind though, never questioning what she was doing as he walked along, singing a song to himself under his breath that was in another language. It sounded beautiful, even if she couldn't understand a word of it.

Eventually, though, Basil turned to her with an expectant look as they came to a halt on the pavement. Tyne suddenly became nervous, unsure as to why he was looking at her like that. Was she supposed to do something that someone had failed to mention? Taking a step back, she had a firm grip of her wand hidden under her selkie skin, just in case, someone tried to do anything. But Basil made no fast movements, simply watching the nervous features on her face and the reflected fear in her eyes.

"I figured you wouldn't want to walk all the way to the home," Basil said to her, " it would be easier to apparate, no?"

As if being accused guilty of a crime, Tyne looked away once more with a prominent frown. "I never learned how to apparate," she informed him, "I was too young before I was taken from my home and schooling. The education I have through my fifth year is all that I have magic wise. I can't even perform silent incantations."

There was a pause between them as Basil seemed to take the news and scold himself for making the suggestion in the first place. It wasn't his fault though, he was coming into the situation blind, only arriving on the orders of an owl that Newt had sent with vague information. There seemed to be plenty to Tyne's story that needed to be unravelled as he didn't know what she was talking about when she referred to being "taken from her home and schooling." But he was sure during her stay that he was going to find out, one way or another.

"Well then, allow me to be your escort," he said extended out his arm for her to take, "the sooner we get there, the quicker you can put your feet up and relax."

It sounded promising, Basil seemed kind enough, but the slight hesitation on her behalf didn't really have anything to do with him. She had to keep reminding herself over and over that, not everyone in the world was out to get her. With a deep breath, Tyne linked arms with Basil, and he gave her the opportunity to exhale slowly before they disapparated from the scene.