Ch 21 | Green-eyed beast

EDITED

Ch 21 | Green-eyed beast

Mirae |

I walked very fast, as professionally as I could with these 'high heels' Jennie forced me to wear. Thankfully, the dress code for the company I'll be working under isn't much of a fuss minus the heels.

"Uh- I'm here for a meeting with the president"

"Interview?"

"Yeah"

"Sorry ma'am the president isn't available right now —the interview is canceled and moved in the afternoon" the lady typed behind. She kept her eyes fixed on the computer typing away with her long red manicured nails as she showed away very loud 'may I add'. I glared at her pointy nose —quite an attitude they have these days.

I look at her name tag, Nancy. Well, a pretty name wasted on her.

I sighed sitting down on a waiting chair, a few employees would always glance at me when they passed by. My eyes wandered around the massive reception. A few years back another company had bought this one and changed the name as well.

It is quite impressive how they began to run it, the JK mall and new merchants transported from China are doing exceptionally well —the business world is hard. Very hard, a lot of lawyers also work solely at companies for the CEO due to the constant battles they face. Laws restrict any kind of illegal selling.

But this one didn't need one, but I heard the president isn't fond of anyone. The workplace is quite from what I've just experienced. Jennie said that the president is very young but his temper is like a ticking bomb, first warning their paycheck decreases by 30 %, second warning they're fired.

Even now I shudder due to the cold empty threats. The CEO/president must have a huge amount of power.

Stone cold, beast.

They say when he's angry in the end, no one can do or say anything. Until now not a threat was directed towards this company plus many businesses overseas die to have partnership or work along with the JK group.

"Excuse me, ma'am, the president has arrived earlier than expected. You may pass through now" Nancy lady said, she didn't even attempt to get up. She just peeked her head a bit and went back to her work.

I stood up fixing my white skirt, I walked through a crowd of people squishing my self inside the elevator. To entertain my self in that little time I've actually realized how the elevators are massive. They have two types of elevators.