chapter five

My eyes were the same as it was when I first saw her dark side. They were still wide and awake. It was the same for my breathing and heartbeat. I was like ice, frozen and solid. The woman, that creature of my nightmare, was finally here.

"What.. Do.. You.. Want?" I asked, with every each word I say was followed by a cough.

No words left her mouth. Only a smirk appeared, a nasty one. Her hideous self transformed into her human look. She looked the same. Never aged, never changed. Same red hair, red eyes, red lips, pale skin.

"Chosen one.. It has been a long time, hasn't it? It was quite difficult to track you down. But after that day at the bridge, I was finally able to sense your presence. What luck, yeah?"

A chuckle left her mouth, humorless. It ended quickly as her so called smile turned into a simple straight line. I let out another choking sound that was starting to become often when the grip around my neck tighten.

"Please.. Don't do.. This. I'm begging you.." I pleaded while tears finally escaped my eyes. Everything around me seemed to spin round and round or maybe it was just in my head. But as minutes passed, my eyes slowly started to drift away.

What's going on, I wondered.

Then, I was engulfed into pitch blackness.

I didn't know what time it was. Or how long I was unconscious for. All I knew was that I was not standing anymore, yet hanging. Upside down.

My body was facing down at the aquarium with the rope tied really tight till I suffocate. I swiftly looked at both of my sides, trying to find ways I could escape. As usual, I was hopeless.

Well there's only choice, I thought.

"HELP!" I screamed with all my might. "HELP ME!"

"Tsk.. It's no use, actually. No one has ever gone here before." A voice stated. In a haste, I averted my eyes towards the shadowy figure that stood near a set of buttons and controls.

Velora.

She had her hand gripping onto a lever, probably used to drop it lift whatever was attached to the rope. And at that time, I was attached to it.

"What are you going to do, huh? Drown me in old water?" I teased, trying to provoke her.

"Oh no, of course not." A creepy smile crept up onto her nasty face. "I'm going to drown you in electrifying water."

My eyes widened. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have done that.

"You see," she started while walking leisurely around. "There is this story from where I come from. Wanna hear it?"

Before I could answer, she continued on. "Okay. Once upon a time, there was this group of friends. Two males, three females. They came from royal families, each obtaining different abilities. There was Bion from the Orgon family who wielded the Darkness power. Second was Theo from the Bureon family, holding the Nature power.

Thirdly, Anastasia, the Ahmose family, Earth power. And now for the fourth.." She paused, looking up at me with a nasty smirk and her eyes directly at mine. "Me!"

She laughed loudly, placing her palm on her stomach before standing straight again. "Yes, I'm telling you a story about my past. Don't worry, it gets a whole lot fun. The fourth, is me. Velora from the great family of Crimson. I, hold the Wind power. May not sound much, but hey, you did see those crashed houses and dead people on the news, didn't you?"