4. Of Dinner and Awkwardness

"Tell me more about this hot neighbor of yours!" Emily grinned as I told her about that guy.

"Well, I haven't seen his face yet so I can't comment anything." I shrugged. "But damn that sculpted back."

Emily and I were on our way to our last class. She had physics while I had to bear AP calculus. The subject itself was not as bad as the fact that I had to share this class with Noah. And after what happened with Adam yesterday, I was not looking forward to our next encounter.

"Bye." she said when we reached her classroom. Mine was just at the corner of the hallway so it didn't take me long to reach there. Mrs. Dale had not arrived yet so I didn't have to bear her bored face.

Looking around the class, I finally spotted an empty seat. To my utmost annoyance, it was the one beside Adam.

Great.

I quickly walked towards the back of the class. The chair was occupied by a notebook which probably belonged to Adam. I looked at him and found his attention solely focused on his calculus book, his foot tapping the floor in a slow rhythm

"Excuse me." I spoke slowly. He turned his blank face towards me and narrowed his eyes.

"I need to sit here. Can you please pick up your notebook?" I said flatly.

He chose not to reply and turned his eyes back to his book.

Rude much?

"Adam?" I spoke.

"Excuse me?" I added after a moment.

"Are you deaf or what?" I roared angrily and his jaw clenched tightly. His eyes travelled to my face once again, his gaze showing his utmost displeasure. Yet, he still didn't move.

"What is wrong with you? Pick up your damn notebook." I half-yelled.

"Hey, that's mine." a short redhead guy appeared out of nowhere. He picked up the notebook and walked away from the seat, leaving me standing there awkwardly.

Adam averted his eyes back to his book but not before casting an annoyed glance at me. Without speaking further, I slided into the seat next to him.

Mrs. Dale entered the class and wrote an equation on the white board. "Lets see which one of you will solve it quickest?"

I quickly pulled out my notebook and jotted the equation down. By the time I was on the second step, Adam's voice echoed from my side.

"y is equal to minus 2 cos x plus 3 by 2." he responded and a huge smile replaced the frown on Mrs. Dale's lips.

"Well done Adam." she appreciated.

But.. But is it even possible? How did he solve the equation in a minute?

I angled my neck to look at his notebook but unfortunately, my neck was not long enough.

"Stop looking around Miss. King and solve the equation on your own." Mrs. Dale scolded and I muttered a quick apology. My eyes involuntarily moved to Adam once again and this time, he caught me looking at him. My cheeks turned crimson and I moved my eyes back to my notebook. Unfortunately, my thoughts were still lingering on him.

Dangerous? This guy? Yeah! Only if he is in some gang of Calculus geniuses and we are against each other in a quiz. Haha.

...

"So high waisted denim jeans or black tights?" I asked Emily as I looked around my wardrobe.

"Black tights." she spoke from the other side of the phone. I threw the tights on the bed and started searching through the top drawer.