thirteen

Newt climbed the stairs to their living room quarters first

Newt climbed the stairs to their living room quarters first. Trinity threatened to punch him if he didn't let her go first, but after giving her one stern look, she complied with his wish. Sirens were supposed to protect their soulmates. It was usually the males, but Newt was human, so it was up to her to be the man.

Newt's wand was drawn, curious and expecting someone dangerous. Instead, Jacob and Queenie stood in the middle of the room, suitcases beside them. Queenie was nervous and excited, while Jacob was unfocused and over-merry, seemingly drunk. He was holding the remaining pieces of Newt's vase, which was broken.

"If you could just give it to me... Just give it to me, sweetie. Just give it to me," Queenie whispered. "If you could just give this to me, sweetheart. Oh!"

Jacob was looking at Newt. "He doesn't care. Hold it."

"St - "

"HEY! NEWT! Get over here, you maniac!" Jacob bellowed.

He flung his arms around a delighted but awkward Newt. Trinity stood awkwardly beside Newt, shuffling slightly away when Jacob tackled him in a hug. She had never met Queenie or Jacob. She only heard about them. Trinity never went out much, but neither did Newt.

"We hope you don't mind. We let ourselves in. It's raining out there - cats and dogs! London's cold!" Queenie exclaimed.

"But you were supposed to have been Obliviated!" Newt addressed Jacob.

"I know!"

"So... But..."

"It didn't work, pal. I mean, you said it. The potion only erases bad memories. I didn't have any. I mean, don't get me wrong. I had some weird ones. But this angel... This angel over here, she filled me in on all the bad parts, and here we are, I guess, huh?" Jacob said.

"This is wonderful!" Newt joyfully exclaimed. "Tina's not here, is she?"

Trinity's blood boiled at the sound of her name. She still hadn't forgiven Tina for kissing Newt, but she tried not to think about it or bring it up. There was not much of a point. It was all in the past. Queenie looked worriedly at Trinity. Queenie knew how she felt and she knew what Tina did was wrong, but she, herself, was at fault. She was the one who told Tina to go see Newt.

"No, Tina isn't here. She's in Paris, so you have nothing to worry about. Why don't I make us some dinner?" Queenie asked.

"Yes!" Jacob exclaimed.

"I can help," Trinity offered. "I'm not the best, but I'm getting better."

Queenie smiled at her. "I'd like that a lot. I can even teach you how to make a pie!"