13

Ruka (3)

I sit at the edge of my bed as I rub my temples with my fingers. I then grab the pillow next to me and throw it to the wall, using that to try to let out all of my emotions. I slightly winced when it knocked over a vase.

My head turned to the door when I heard a knock. Haru stood there with a smile. "Is it okay if I come in?"

I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I really hope he didn't see that. "Sure."

He comes in and sits down next to me on the bed. We sat there in silence for a few seconds.

"We haven't gotten the chance to catch up."

I nod, "It's been a long day."

Haru chuckles, "I can see that." We both look at the pillow on the floor and the vase with a slight crack in it.

I rub the back of my neck, "Yeah..." I turn my head to him. "It feels like it's been years since we've seen each other. How are you?"

"Good." He nods. "When we took back our village, it was almost like nothing happened when things finally settled down."

I wearily smile, "I'm so happy for you."

"It would've been even better if you were there. You should've seen us, Ruka. We were amazing. Y'know, I thought there was no way we could do this. But we did. We fought and we conquered."

"That... sounds like a dream. I honestly wish I joined you."

Haru furrows his brows. "Really?"

I scratch the top of my head as I try to find the right words. "Things didn't go as planned. I'm a mess right now because of one decision I falsely made. I wonder what would've happened if I went back with you."

"...We'd probably be married." Haru joked.

The both of us laughed together. I held my stomach when I felt it twirl lightly. As our laughter ceased, I placed my hand on his.

"That's the first time I've genuinely laughed in a really long time. It felt nice - thank you."

Haru looked down at my hand for a moment before cupping it with both of his own. "Ruka, what you're feeling right now, it will pass. The light inside of you that I admired and still do, will turn back on. I promise."

He leaned in and gently kissed my cheek. I was slightly taken back while my cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

Haru stands up and before he walks out of the room, he turns to me and says, "Goodnight, Ruka."