o31

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - O N E

The sun was shining, scorching the asphalt of illusioned trees.

Jurina looked like a faerie as she guided us through wildflowers and overlapping bushes. Ten never left my side, always ready to attend me in my needs.

I suddenly felt a lurch in my stomach as we caught sight of a greenhouse not too far from our position.

The medal that I was wearing matched perfectly with the simulation's evergreen colors. My breath hitched as I stood between Ten and Jurina.

The woman faced me and for some reason, it gave chills down my spine.

"The Distingués await."

______

I wasn't the type to get anxious. But right in this moment, I was too occupied of the presence of Yuta's parents. Like I had always thought of, their son's looks was a combination of both of their appearances.

But what bothered me the most was that none of them had blue eyes.

Nakamoto Taka was sitting with legs crossed, one hand resting on the bottom of his chin. He wasn't looking at me though; he was looking at Ten. His stare was intense, reminding me of the time I saw Yuta at the Fotrent. The memory of him capable of torturing a woman still bugged my mind. I had always wanted to ask him why he dared to do that. I had always wanted to ask him if he would dare that to me too.

But nothing. I asked him nothing. Because I was a fool. I only wanted to see the side of him that he willingly showed me. The same as I. I only showed him a small part of me. The part that had no scars.

His mother, Mayuu, was as small as I was. She had the presence of a bird. If Yuta inherited most of his bodily features from his father, then there's no doubt his facial features came from his mother.

She's so beautiful.

Ten and I greeted them politely. Their eyes followed our movements as we bowed down.

Mayuu raised a teacup on her lips.

"Who might this gentleman be?"

The question was immediately answered by Ten.

"My name is Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul, Your Most Illustrious Distingués. I came here as the Champion's companion. I am mostly known by my pseudonym, Ten. I am the head of the Thailand administry. Your son, Distingué Yuta, and I had been aquiantances. We trade materials and weapons-"

"Ah. Yes," Taka interrupted sharply. "Yuta told me about you. He said you design cyborgs of your own?"

Ten gulped. "Yes, Your Distingué."