9. Vision

We went straight for the lab. " Dad!" I shouted angry when I saw him uploading things into the body.

" Uh-oh." I heard him whisper to Bruce.

" Are you batshit crazy?!" I asked him pointing at the body.

" Am I what now?" he asked like it was funny.

" Turn that thing off!" I said now more sternly. 

He looked at the body, then at me " You know I can't do that." he said.

Steve decided to step in " I'm gonna say this once." 

" How about 'nonce'?" Dad asked.

" Shut it down!" Steve said angry. 

" Nope, not gonna happen."

" You don't know what you're doing." Steve told him and Bruce.

" And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce asked him mentioning Wanda.

" I know you're angry." she tried to apolegize. 

But Bruce was not having it. " Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Well that was a bit overdramatic, I thought.

" Banner, after everything that's happened..." Steve started, but of course dad had to cut him off " That's nothing compared to what's coming!"

" You want to make this even worse dad?" I asked him while pulling him aside.

" You know why we need this Odette!" he said. Of course I knew, but that body wasn't the answer. What if it turned out like Ultron?

" We can find another way." I said but he interrupted me " No we can't. He's our only hope." I rolled my eyes.

" What are you guys talking about?" Steve asked confused.

" The End Game Steve." I said now even more annoyed at my dad.

" The aliens?" he asked.

" Yes, the aliens!" I said annoyed.

" You don't know what's in there!" Wanda tried to argue with my dad and Bruce.

" This isn't a game..." Steve tried to reason with them as well.

Right when dad was gonna say something again Pietro used his speed to pull out all the wires from the cradle.

" No, no. Go on. You were saying?" He asked sarcastically. Dad looked at him like he was gonna woop his ass right then and there. But suddenly the glass Pietro was standing on shattered and he fell through.

" Pietro!" Wanda yelled. Scared for her brother to die like her parents had.

I looked down the gap in the floor. Clint was standing right next to him. He was alright.

Wanda wanted to use her powers but stopped when Bruce yelled at her " Go ahead, piss me off." He was very intimidating when he was angry.

Just then Thor entered the lab from the ceiling and pounded the cradle with his hammer, sending a powerful bolt of lightning that brought the body to life.

" Wait!" I screamed at him, but he didn't listen.

The body came to life and flew right to the big window. It looked at itself in the reflection of the window and turned around, still flying." I'm sorry, that was...odd." he said calmly. " Thank you." he thanked Thor.

" Thor, you helped create this?" I asked him. I wanted an explenation.

" I've had a vision." he said " A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at it's center is that." He pointed at the gem inside the new person's head.

" What, the gem?" Bruce asked.

Thor went on to explain some more " It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." That blew my mind, big time.

" Then why would you bring it to..." Steve asked but Thor answered him before he could finish his question " Because Stark is right." He was what?

" Excuse me?" I said, confused to why dad would be right.

" Oh, it's definitely the end times." I heard Bruce mutter.

Thor looked around " The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." he said.

" Not alone." the purple/ blue dude said.

" Why does your 'vision' sound like JARVIS?" Steve asked. Now that was a good question, I thought JARVIS was dead.

" We...we reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new." dad explained.

" I think I've had my fill of new." Steve said. He was so done with all of it, I could just feel it.

" You think I'm a child of Ultron?" Vision asked us all.

" You're not?" Steve asked.

Vision thought for a second " I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am...I am."

" Well that's poetic" I joked to lighten the mood a bit.

Wanda ruined it directly after that. " I looked in your head and saw annihilation." she said accusingly.

" Look again." Vision told her.

" Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint interrupted. He really didn't like the twins.

" Their powers," Vision started pointing at me and the twins " the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..."

" Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve asked him. That would be great to know actually.

"I don't think it's that simple." Vision started.

" Well it better get real simple real soon." Clint threatened him. Just like Steve, he was so done with all of it.

" I am on the side of life." Vison said " Ultron isn't, he will end it all."

" What's he waiting for?" dad asked him now taking part in the conversation again.

" You." he said mentioning all off us.

" Where?" Bruce asked him.

Clint knew exactely where " Sokovia. He's got Nat there too."

" If we're wrong about you," Bruce started " if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

" What will you do?" he asked Bruce. He looked at us, realizing we would destroy him.

" I don't want to kill Ultron." he started " He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go."

Now that was a heroic speech. He finished it off by amazing us all by lifting up Thor's hammer and handing it to him.

" Right." Thor said looking at his hammer then patting dad on the shoulder " Well done."

That had just happened. I was still amazed when Steve said " Three minutes. Get what you need."

After I had put on a new outfit because the last one was all sweaty I went down to where we kept our suits and saw dad uploading FRIDAY into his one.

I grabbed the newest suit I had made and made it fit into my backpack.

" You okay?" I asked him.

He looked up " I'm not sure." Well at least he was honest.

" When all this is done." I told him " I think we deserve some shwarma."

He smiled " We definitely will."

We didn't speak about our falling out, or about all things that were to come. For now we had to focus on destroying Ultron.

When we were all done we boarded the quinjet and flew to Sokovia.