Chapter 22: Parent or partner?

The youth had successfully been saved by the silver haired man and was peacefully resting in his arms. However, everyone else in the room was still standing frozen in place.

They had all been aware that the Knox stayed at their club and some of them had even briefly seen his adult form before. But it was first now, when they witnessed his amazing reflexes and powerful tail, that they truly understood how substantial this fact actually was. Frankly, they were all a bit stunned.

This truly was the last Knox in the entire universe...

Taking a closer look at this last Knox, the surrounding people were struck with how handsome he was. The young man's features had a certain softness to them, but his expressionless face radiated a cold well matched his silver hair and tail, making the softness seem elegant rather than pretty.

However, as the young man lowered his gaze to the human youth in his arms, his expressionless face seemed to show a hint of tension.

The silver tail restlessly moved. It had never left the youth's body, even after bringing him into his arms, and while observing the youth, Ya Yi let his tail tighten a bit further. He was very careful and the power exerted was nothing more than what humans would have considered a tight hug.

Amongst the surrounding people was Zarad, who had come as usual to eat breakfast. Witnessing this scene and seeing the tail's movement as it circled further around the youth's waist, his expression changed several times and he had to hold himself back from speaking out right there and then.

He finally remembered what was so special about the Knox race's tail...

Others were, under no circumstances, allowed to touch it.

There were only two exceptions to this rule -

That is, if you were the parent or if you were the partner.

However, even though its parents were allowed to, it was very uncommon for the parents in Knox race to touch their cub's tail.

It was something generally reserved for a future partner and if a couple had not yet officially determined their relationship, then letting the other touch their tail was equivalent to accepting courtship. It showed that they really liked them.

If someone who did not fit into any of these two criteria were to deliberately touch it, then that person's future held nothing but a promise of pain.

After all, the Knox race's tail had considerable attack power in adult form and even if the tail belonged to the weakest Knox in the interstellar, the person touching it would still not have a pretty end...

Many years ago, some reckless idiots had not know this and as a result, had almost lost their lives on a dare. This had left a tremendous psychological shadow and the story had spread throughout the interstellar as a warning.

Since then, all races had paid close attention to this matter when they came into contact with anyone from the Knox race. The only reason it took Zarad so long to recall this was because no one had met a Knox in over thirty years.

However, now, directly in front of Zarad's eyes, was something that completely contradicted this common knowledge. Not only had the youth been allowed to play with the Knox's tail in cub form, but the adult Knox had even taken the initiative to use it in order to save him and then circled it around the youth's waist...

Zarad could not decide if he should doubt his eyes or memory...

Just like Xia Qi had originally not known what a cold or a fever was, many aliens had never heard about it and the young Knox was one of them.