Chapter 10

(3rd Person)

(Y/N) was on his way to his second day at U.A high, this time however he walked by himself with his bag slung over his shoulder, sighing in annoyance as he remembered the morning events, it went as followed: woke up early thanks to the alarm, went downstairs to make breakfast... would've been fine, but the second he tried to turn the cooker on, his adopted mother appeared out of nowhere, slapping his hand away and saying that he shouldn't be cooking food, that it was the job of a mother. Next came his adopted father appearing with them downstairs, smiling proudly at (Y/N), the only good thing about it was probably when the two adopted sisters arrived, saving him from this forced act from the two parents.

It's no secret that when you get into U.A that you'll either flunk out or become a successful and popular hero, so really (Y/N) should've expected the two adults to suddenly start acting like he exists. Unluckily, Mark had already gone on ahead since he told (Y/N) that he took Iida's advice seriously when they said a U.A student should always arrive ten minutes earlier than the scheduled time. When (Y/N) was about to take a corner which would lead to the train station, he hummed in curiosity when he spotted someone peeking from an alleyway that he would have to pass, the second his eyes met the alleyway person's, said person suddenly retreated behind the wall.

With his curiosity fueling his actions, (Y/N) stopped at the alleyway, confusedly looking down it as he simply saw bins, dumpsters, a few writings on the wall... and not to mention a handful of bandages just lying on the floor. Before he went to leave, (Y/N) saw a skinny hand suddenly appear, snatching the bandages from behind the dumpster and then pull them to where the skinny hand came from.

Seeing such a strange sight, (Y/N) couldn't help but begin to walk over to the dumpster which made whoever was hiding behind it terrified, after all, (Y/N) could hear their panicked breathing rapidly speeding with each step he took closer to the dumpster. When (Y/N) placed a hand on the dumpster to manoeuvre his way to the hiding person, their breathing literally stopped. Finally, (Y/N) came around to find the hiding and terrified person.

Only to blink in surprise once he saw it was a little girl, she was younger than Yuki, her hair long and white while it also seemed like it was uncared for, her eyes red and wide with fear as she looked up at the towering (Y/N), she wore a tattered short-sleeved white dress that covered her almost completely while her arms and legs were wrapped in bandages... but the most defining thing about the little girl had to be the tiny horn that was coming out of the right side of her head.

Thinking quickly, (Y/N) pulled the notebook and pen he always had from his bag, he assumed if the child was this young then they'd probably have no idea how to read sign language, the girl was slightly confused at the sudden action and flinched slightly when the (H/C) haired boy held an open notebook out to her. She at first shrank back in fear of what was on the page, but slowly, she saw the boy's eyes to have no hostile intent, instead curiosity and an emotion she had never seen before in someone's eyes.

So, with trembling and hesitant hands, the little girl grabbed the notebook causing it to shake as well, she looked at the notebook, only to grow even more confused as she didn't seem to understand what was written on the notebook, she saw letters, but she couldn't read what the letters made up.

???: W-w-what d-does this mean... m-m-mister?

That made (Y/N) raise an eyebrow curiously, he recalled the words he wrote down 'Can I help?', and yet the little girl didn't seem to understand... so instead, (Y/N) decided to take the notebook back with a concerned look, then he nodded to himself at an idea, he held the notebook up while pointing to each word with his pen, then mouthing the words to the girl slow enough for her to realise what he was saying.