Chapter 2 First Impressions

When the bell rang, Astrid gathered her things and left the classroom. She takes the map out of her back pocket and looks for her next class, AP History. As she walks to class, she notices that all the boys are staring at her and all the girls are giving her go to hell looks. It doesn't phase her, Astrid is used to both types of looks. Astrid walks into her History class and notices that Alice Cullen is in that class as well. Alice is sitting next to a guy with honey blonde hair and amber eyes like hers who looks like he's in pain. Alice smiles at Astrid and waves her over. Astrid smiles back and gets the teacher to sign her slip, then takes a seat on the other side of Alice.

"Hi Astrid," Alice says in a chipper voice.

"Hello, Alice."

"I didn't know you had AP History as well."

"Yeah most of my classes are AP, that's why my sister and I don't have any classes together."

"Who's your sister," The blonde guy asks.

"Bella Swan."

The blonde gives Alice a look, she didn't tell him that Bella had a sister. Suddenly the blonde remembers his manners.

"I'm sorry, where are my manners, I'm Jasper Hale."

"Astrid Swan."

"Well, Astrid, how are you liking Forks so far?" Jasper asks with a smile.

"Oh, I love it. I love the rain and the clouds, my poor sister though hates it. She can't stand being cold and wet. If it was up to her, we would have stayed in Phoenix."

"What made you guys move here?" Alice asks.

"Our mom got remarried and we thought it was best that they have some alone time together. So we decided it was time to spend time with Dad."

"That's very thoughtful of you," Jasper says.

"Yeah, that's us, the thoughtful sisters," Astrid answers with a smirk.

Jasper and Alice laugh.

After History, Astrid walks with Jasper to art class, where there she meets his sister, Rosalie Hale. Jasper introduces Astrid to Rosalie, Astrid offers her hand but Rosalie looks at her hand and only scowls at her.

"Geez, bitchy much?" Astrid asks, making sure it was loud enough for Rosalie to hear.

"What did you say?" Rosalie growls.

"Did I stutter, could you be any more of a bitch?"

Rosalie looks at her shocked, but she quickly recovers, "Watch yourself, little girl."

"Or what?" Astrid challenges.

"Or you may not like what happens."

"Oh please, I fought bigger, and kicked the shit out of them," Astrid says as she smirks at Rosalie.

Rosalie's eyes widen, then narrow, she was about to stand up when the teacher came in. Rosalie looked at the teacher, and sat back down, anger bubbling up in her. Suddenly she felt a wave of calm come over her. Her eyes narrow and she glares at Jasper knowing that he was manipulating her mood. Jasper decides that he should calm down Astrid as well, but when he focused on her all he felt was giddy excitement as if she was looking forward to fighting Rosalie. Jasper's brow furrows, never in his life had he felt something like that, this girl wasn't in the least intimidated by Rosalie. She was almost anticipating a fight.

Jasper was pulled out of his thoughts when the teacher announced, after signing Astrid's schedule, that they would be painting something they remember from their dreams. Jasper and Rosalie look at each other and roll their eyes, Jasper decides to paint something from his memory instead.