》iv. trouble is my middle name

( chapter four ! )- trouble is my middle name -

( chapter four ! )
- trouble is my middle name -

The inside of Rebekah's mouth was thick and dry, and her eyes were heavy with exhaustion

The inside of Rebekah's mouth was thick and dry, and her eyes were heavy with exhaustion. Every inch of her skin tingled and itched, as if she could sense energy--and she did. She felt energy everywhere. It vibrated through the walls, the floor, the ceiling, even the air. Her eyes slowly opened, and her vision was blurry. A tall figure stood next to her bed, facing away from her.

Rebekah let out a groan, and the figure turned, a bouquet of flowers in his hands--bi-colored dahlias that faded from pink to yellow. The only person who even knew that they were her favorites were...

"Johnny?" Her voice was hoarse, and speaking caused her to cough. 

Johnny placed the vase next to the bed and reached for a glass of water. "Here," he said, placing the glass to Rebekah's lips.

The cool liquid poured down her throat, easing her thirst. Rebekah sighed. "Thank you."

They both were silent for a few seconds, then Rebekah's eyes widened. "The accident. Where are we? Is everyone okay?"

Johnny placed a warm hand on her shoulder. "Calm down. Everyone's fine. You're the last one to wake up. We're in one of Victor's medical facilities--quarantined, by the way, which is not how a person of my personality is going to thrive-"

"Shut up," Rebekah cut in, waving a hand to stop him as she sat up with frantic wide eyes. "You're sure everyone's okay?"

His hand slid down to grab her waving hand and settled it in her lap. Johnny placed his other hand under Rebekah's chin and turned her head so she was forced to look him in the eye. "We are all fine. A few scratches and bruises, but fine."

Rebekah grabbed at her throat, feeling the cool metal of her necklace, which was still fortunately around her neck. Johnny noticed her actions, but Rebekah didn't see him realize that even though he wasn't around, the simple gift gave her comfort--and still did.

"Good, good," she nodded, looking around the room. Then her eyes snapped back to his. "Where's Reed? Can I see him?"

Johnny's gaze left Rebekah's necklace. "Uh, making rounds, I think; seeing if everyone's awake. Want me to get him?"