》v. a surprise homecoming

( chapter five ! )- a surprise homecoming -

( chapter five ! )
- a surprise homecoming -

( chapter five ! )- a surprise homecoming -

Rebekah's prediction came true. Reed tugged at his hair and waved his arms in frustration at his niece. "Why would you do this Johnny? Why would you do that with her?"

"But-" Johnny began to speak, but Rebekah cut him off.

She was infuriated with her uncle. "What do you mean with 'her?' I am totally capable of doing it with Johnny!"

When Rebekah realized what she just said, her hand flew to her mouth. She glanced over at Johnny, who had a huge grin on his face. "I didn't mean to say that. We didn't--Just let us explain."

Reed seemed to calm down. Just a little, though. "Okay, well what happened?"

"I was on fire!" Johnny exclaimed.

Reed stepped back at those words. "What?"

Johnny and Rebekah explained what happened on the mountain, and they were told that Reed could stretch like rubber and Sue could turn invisible.

"So, are you sure that you two didn't have sex?"

Rebekah balled her fists in anger. "For fuck's sake, yes!"

At her exclamation, Rebekah opened her hands, and red energy flew from them, hitting nearby tables. She froze, staring down at her hands in shock.

"If this happened to us, then what about Ben?" Rebekah asked, turning around to face the others.

The four of them burst through double doors and urgently walked to Ben's room.

"It has to be the cloud. It's fundamentally altered our DNA," Sue said, thinking of an explanation for their newfound powers.

Reed held out his hands. attempting to calm her down. "Let's not jump to conclusions. We need a massive amount of evidence before making that leap."

He glanced over his shoulder. Sue turned around as well and followed his gaze to Johnny's fingertips, which are on fire. Johnny snapped his fingers, and the fire went out. He's totally unharmed, just like before.