》viii. shenanigans

( chapter eight ! )- shenanigans -

( chapter eight ! )
- shenanigans -

From her experience watching romance movies and television dramas, Rebekah knew that being put in the friendzone hurt like hell

From her experience watching romance movies and television dramas, Rebekah knew that being put in the friendzone hurt like hell. The first time it happened to her, she was a mess because not only did she lose a potential lover, she lost her best friend. Now it's the second time, and she's not about to make any mistakes. She pushed her feelings down, ignoring the stabbing ache in her chest, and she decided that she was going to try to be friends with Johnny again.

After a few days of testing, three of the five new heroes stood in the living room dressed in the blue synthetic suits that they wore on the mission. Sue held Ben's in her hands since it's too small for him due to his recent...developments.

"Our uniforms were exposed by the storm like us, so they can transform like us. Becoming invisible, changing size on demand, or remaining impervious to flame," Reed explained as Johnny pounded down the stairs dressed in his suit.

Ben laughed. "You guys look like an eighties rock band."

"You know, Ben, this material stretches, I'm sure I can find a way to make it fit," Sue told him, holding up his suit.

He shook his head as he took a drink from a metal ice container, chuckling. "I wouldn't be caught dead in that."

"I love these costumes," Johnny said amused, running his hands over his body to get a feel of the material. "They need something, though, right? Needs, like, spice..."

Reed gave him an exasperated look. "These aren't costumes." He was obviously so annoyed that something so scientific and complex is being referred to as a mere costume.

"You can't use your powers in public, Johnny," Sue told him while he kicked around, throwing fake punches--getting into the superhero mood.

He turned away, groaning. "You guys are worse than NASA."

"Johnny!" Sue shouted after him.

"Maybe it's missing a utility belt," Ben joked, laughing and taking a drink.