》ix. unglued

( chapter nine ! )- unglued -

( chapter nine ! )
- unglued -

If she was being honest, Rebekah didn't even know why she was going to the X Games in the first place

If she was being honest, Rebekah didn't even know why she was going to the X Games in the first place. But there were reasonable excuses. Perhaps she was bored and needed a change of scenery. Or Johnny could have drugged her without her knowing and dragged her along. But maybe, just maybe, she wanted to spend more time with the guy she has feelings for.

It's a toss-up.

When they got to the arena, Johnny was pulled away to get into a suit and choose a bike while Rebekah was led to stand at the end of the field to watch.

"Alright, alright." The announcer called over the sound system. "I want you all to make a lot of noise for a very special guest. Mr. Johnny Storm of the Fantastic Five!"

Johnny came out as the host calls his name. He started his bike and rode out into the field, going up the ramp and pulling a stunt.

"Whoa, look at that lift!"

The crowd screamed as Johnny lands. "That was fantastic! But, Johnny, come on. That's old-school. Show us something new."

Johnny's clothes began to smoke as he readies himself to go up the ramp again. Rebekah gasped when Johnny let go of the bike completely, launching himself into the hair as he catches on fire.

"No!" Rebekah exclaimed, running out onto the field. She just knew that something bad was about to happen. And it did--Johnny was in full flame form and shot ahead.

"Is he flying?"

The flames disappeared and Johnny started to flail around. Rebekah tried to shoot her energy out to catch him, but Johnny hit the ground.

People ran out as Rebekah knelt next to Johnny. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. I'm good," he answered.

"He's okay. He's alright! Johnny Storm, ladies and gentlemen!"

The crowd screamed. Johnny took off his helmet and stood up.

"I have to give you props, Johnny. You were on fire!"