Chapter: 10

Emma

I take the small box in my hand and look at the small golden necklace. I look up at Zavier for a moment then back at the beautiful necklace. I slowly pulled the item out of the box almost as if I was scared it would brake.

I hold the necklace up in the air, not only was the wolves heart there but also a golden ring. As I study them my head began to spin and soon enough my head hurt.

"Em?! Are you alright? What's  wrong?" I felt Zavier hold me in his arms. He was trying to get my attention, the attention that not even I could give him even if I tried at the moment.

"Will be together forever. Not even death will do us apart"

"We will both be the best parents in the world!"

"Em. You are the best thing that could have ever happened to me."

"Zav calm down the baby only kicked me. It's normal"

"No matter what happen in the future I will always be there"

So many things are running threw my head. I can't process this all at once.

"Em go with the women and children it's not safe here"

"EMMA!!! DON'T YOU DARE TAKE HER!"

"I'LL FIND YOU EM. I PROMISE!"

"Your pathetic mate will never find you. And if he does you will be broken by then."

The memory of that thing make me feel panicked. I feel like I am no longer in control of myself. Just what is going on. I want this to stop no more please no more.

The pain I went through at that time was so unbearable. For some reason my punishment was always worse than the rest of the Luna's.

I waited for him. I waited for my mate to come and save me but he never came. I had to save myself. I felt so lonely, I even believe I wouldn't see my precious children again. I felt like giving up but I couldn't I knew I had to keep going my family was my motivation.

That was until he didn't want me.

"You are no mate of mine"

"Your a fake"

"The mark you bare can't be mine and I'll prove it."

The pain of my mark being removed, it was awful the burning sensation running through my body and my breath being cut off by his strong hold. His eyes that held no guilt or mercy, but only hate and rejection.

"Em! Snap out of it, hey get a hold of your self." I feel Zavier shake me as he tried to pull me out of the trance I was in. I felt myself start to cry as I remembered all I had gone through. The pain of being alone and rejected by those you love.

His arms wrapped around me as he pulled me closer to him. He gently rubbed my back and whispered sweet nothings in to my ear.

I knew that what he had done was not his fault, at least that is what Star said but I need him to tell me.

"Why...Why did I have to go through all this pain. Did I do something wrong. Zav do you not like me anymore?" I whisper into his chest as I try to calm down. I fell him stiffen a bit but then relaxes.

"You remember?"

I nod waiting for him to continue. "Of course I love you and want you. You are my Mate my world. I looked for you for three whole months but then I came across an evil witch that put a curse upon me and the kids. She wanted me for herself and I denied her. She made me believe that you had died and two years later you show up. I killed you and at that same moment the spell had been broken but it was the worst day of my life. I had kill my other half. I killed the woman I loved the most. But now your here the moon goddess has given me another chance. My dear Emma I promise to make it up to you. It doesn't matter if it takes all eternity, I will fight for your forgiveness" he said as he kisses my head.

He might be innocent from this crime but that doesn't make my pain any less.

"I-I need time Zavier. I have to process everything." I move away from him and stand up. "I understand and I'll wait." He said as he took hold of my hand. He gave it a gentle squeeze and let go. The Sparks slowly faded as I distance myself from him. Even though our mate bond has been broken, it is slowly starting to come back.

"Mates are made specifically for each other. A mate bond should never be broken."

Grandmother is the only one who knows what will happen and when it will happen. I trust that she knows what is going on.

I make my way to my room, I had to much on my mind and I knew that time was so very short.

His words ring through my mind as I lay in bed and look up at the ceiling. I can't not blame him.

He was under a spell. A very horrible spell. He didn't mean to hurt me he was blinded by a lie. My pain was not meant to be.

Em that important thing is that I am alive and well but then again am I actually fine? My past will haunt me just like the scars that have invaded my body.

"What am I to do Grandmother. Just what can I do?"

"The answer is simple my child."

As I close my eyes a sweet gentle voice had said.

"You can't change the past but you can always make your future better. It may be hard at first but in the end every thing will be just fine"

"How? I don't get it"

"Just let your heart lead" as she spoke her voice began to fade.

I sat up and sighed. I have so many question. What does she mean let my heart lead?

I guess I'll find out soon enough.