MONDAY ADVICE

I got two letters this week for Monday Advice. Here they are! Hopefully this helps anyone who may have the same problems. If you need anything, send in a letter and I will try my best to answer any questions and give the best advice I can!

. . .

Letter:

Okay, hi. So I have this really complicated relationship type thing. So I met (let's call him Jake) Jake at a dance that I was forced to by my mom and friends (I don't like to be social). We go to different schools, so I go to an all-girls school and he goes to an all-boys school, so the schools have dances together. So we slow danced and we exchanged numbers and we've been texting basically non-stop for 5 months. I've only met him that one time at the dance. We are friends, but there's kind of something romantic going on. I want to meet Jake, but I feel like it would be awkward and he lives far away. I don't know what his title is. Is he a friend? Is he a boyfriend? I don't know. I really need advice on how to ask him to meet up and how to make it not awkward and what his title is, because right now he's just Jake.

Advice:

Well, first you should ask your mom what she thinks. You could casually mention to him that you would like to meet up in person. Maybe get some ice cream or something. Doesn't have to be anything too fancy, just a time for you guys to hang out and connect more. Then, if you do end up meeting in person, you could ask him then. Asking people out over text is usually more awkward than in person. If you really like him, and he really likes you, then things should work out fine. If you need any more help or advice, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Letter:

So there is this boy. I am totally head over heels for him, but he's my best friend. So I have no clue how he feels. Two years ago he told me he liked my close friend |insert name here| and I was devastated. But I wanted him to be happy so I set the two of them up. I've tried desperately to make my feelings disappear, but I can't. Fortunately, and also unfortunately, the boy and |insert name here| didn't work out... At all. (Now they despise each other. I swear I had nothing to do with it! Lol)

As a way to return the favor he set me up with another boy I wasn't sure I liked. Amongst the confusion the other boy became my first boyfriend. I'm going to break up with him as soon as I get the chance (there's more to the break up, I'm not just being a total b****).

|insert name here| and I are still friends, but now she's getting in the way of my friendship with the first boy. She's really getting on my nerves and I don't particularly like her...

She's the kind of girl that brags a lot and likes to make my other friends feel excluded by forcing my attention onto her.

It doesn't matter how hard I try to send her the "I don't like you go away and leave me alone" message, she cannot take the hint!

And I want to be friends with the boy! But she's ruining it!

How should I get rid of her? How do I get her to leave me alone without directly telling her I don't like her or scaring off my other friends?

Advice:

I know honesty isn't always the nicest thing, but being honest with everyone could definitely help you here. If the girl won't leave you alone, try telling her that you would like to spend more time with your other friends and that you really only pay attention to her. You could even introduce her to someone else and hopefully they'll become good friends and she'll leave you alone.

About the boy, if you truly like him, you should be completely honest with him. Casually bring up maybe that you think he looks nice that day or something sweet but super casual. Once you guys start talking, bring up that you like something about him, like part of his personality. Then, if he doesn't do it first, tell him you like him. Maybe add that you've liked him for a long time. It sounds like he might like you as well. I think you have a good chance of you two becoming a couple, but you definitely don't want to get your hopes too high. There's always the chance that he really likes you, but mostly as just a friend and he doesn't want to ruin your friendship.