•37•

Maybe it was the feel of adrenaline pumping through his veins. Or maybe it was that the pain in his heart was overlapping the pain in his body but at that moment, Jimin could feel nothing

There was some sort of joke that you told your friends when they said that something hurt, they'd say to just make something else hurt instead.

Oh, your leg hurts? -Bam- Now your arm hurts more.

It was the only explanation that Jimin had right now for the numbness he felt. His heart was in even deeper pain than the rest of him.

He went under the stage, following a crew member who was showing him the way to the lift.

Jimin's mind was clouded, many thoughts occupying it. Every time he remembered Tae's face, his words, his chest tightened. A word repeating itself in his head over and over again.

Why?

He knew Taehyung's type. He knew what Taehyung liked. He tried his best to be that person for so many years. So why wasn't he good enough?

Jimin watched the crew members run around, carrying the props for his performance on stage. He wasn't sure how they all managed to adjust to the change so quickly or how they were making time but so far things didn't seem too chaotic.

The nerves were getting to him. He could feel his hands and toes turning cold, palms sweating.

He took deep breaths. Tried to focus on something else but Tae's words lingered in his head. 

Jimin just wanted someone to love him.

Was it so much to ask for?

Was it such a ridiculous request?

He bit his lip as the crew member in front of him stopped.

Jimin knew the choreography like the back of his hand. He had practiced it for long hours after all, using up his free time and even lacking some sleep because of it.

His four back up dancers were there. Jimin felt glad for going on with the performance since the others also worked hard to prepare for today.

It also must've been a huge inconvenience to the set designers, the sound and lights engineers and the coordinators.

Yeah, he had to perform. He had to win. If he wasn't good enough for Taehyung then he would just have to prove him wrong. And what better way than to prove him and everyone else wrong than by winning the heart of the King of South Korea?

One of the crew members reexplained the steps to him. Jimin kindly nodded at what he already knew. As soon as they were done, the lift came down. Jimin got on, the other four dancers getting on with him.

His body had gone numb by now. He could move it but couldn't feel it. He convinced himself that this was a good thing. That it would help him. If there was no pain then his performance would be fine.

All he had to do was concentrate, focus on moving his limbs like he knew how to. He was determined. 

The lift clicks as they reach the stage. The four dancers go to their spots on the ground, Jimin moves to the center. Its dark but there are small markings on the stage floor to indicate where he goes.

His body felt cold, he squeezed his hands into fists and then opened them, repeating the process.

He can do this.

The music starts. The sound of violins starting, then the tempo picks up, the dancers start moving. 

Jimin starts moving.