Chapter Two

"Brendaaaan," Shelby whines, grabbing onto his arm as we walk away from the store.

"What do you need?" Brendan sighs. 

"Uh, I never said I was okay with that girl coming with us," she pouts, clasping his bicep. "Someone could see us in public with her."

"Right here, thanks," I shake my head.

"She's way underdressed to be here. Come on, Brendan," Shelby frowns with her overly glossed lips.

"Really? I think she looks fine," Danny, who's been fairly silent, says. "Who ever said you need to be in some short skirt and heels to be considered looking good?"

"Amen, brother," Drew laughs.

"But really, imagine someone seeing her hanging out with us," Shelby whines. "Everyone would think less of us."

"The same could be said for you," Brendan removes her hand from his arm and walks faster.

Shelby stands there a moment, mouth hanging open in shock, hands on her hips. Then she slowly turns towards me and glares. It's strange, how someone can look so aggravated but stay beautiful the entire time.

She comes towards me and shoves me against the wall, clasping my shirt in her hands. "Who do you think you are?" She hisses, face turning red in anger.

"I'm sorry, Shelby, but I really don't need to answer to you," I tell her, calmly removing her hands from me.

Drew is at my side in moments, standing between She-devil and I.  "Gosh, Shelby, is that necessary?"

Shelby gives me a death glare and mouths, 'watch your back.' What a psychopath! I didn't do anything to her! Is she that self-conscious?

"You okay, Lili?" Drew asks, grabbing my arm and catching me up with everyone else.

"I'm fine," I nod.

"Yeah," Drew nods. "She's a little.... Well, you know... You get used to it, I guess."

"How long have you guys been friends?" I ask. How does she have friends, is what I want to ask.

"Since eighth grade," Drew looks over his shoulder at her. "She wasn't so rude back then."

"What happened?" I ask curiously.

"She decided she was better than everyone," Drew shrugs.

"I figured that much out for myself," I grin at him.

"Yeah, well," he nods, giving me a sly smile as well.

"Where are we headed?" I ask, checking my phone for notifications. Alas, I must be a loner nerd face because I haven't gotten one for eight hours now...

"Dunno," Drew shrugs.

"Very helpful," I roll my eyes.

Brendan is stopped by a group of four girls, whom are wearing far too much makeup, to flirt. Brendan flashes a smile and runs a hand through his brown hair before replying. I shake my head in disbelief. This kind of thing must happen to him at least three times a day.

"Brendan, move it along," Drew calls, hitting him on the shoulder as we pass.

"I'll talk to you later!" I hear one of the girls yell to Brendan as he catches up with us.

"Payton, Leslie, Randy and Tracy. Clingy. Touchy. Ugh," Brendan runs his hand through his hair as he steps into line next to Drew.

"If you aren't into any of them, why do you flirt with every girl you come by?" I raise my eyebrows.