Cat Days

This story was inspired by my love of Dog Days and something that I wish could have happened. I understand why it didn't happen, but I decided to write a fanfiction so I could imagine what it would be like if it had gone another way. Do not read if you aren't currently up to date with Dog Days since this story contains spoilers!

If you haven't read Dog Days, stop now and go read that story! @Crimson_Graves

Oliver loved Arryn very much. Arryn was the best cat owner in the world. She was nice and took such good care of him. She always gave him tasty meals.

So how could he not eat Arryn for dinner?

It was very lonely waiting for Arryn to get home. There was no to pet him and no one to play with him. He had been feeling a little strange since eating that new cat food.

It hadn't tasted quite right. Oliver didn't like the taste as much as the old cat food. But how could he disappoint Arryn? She just wanted him to be happy—and it would be silly to let food go to waste. So he ate almost all of it.

One day he didn't feel so good. Arryn seemed very sad. Maybe she would feel better if the nice boy visited! He always made her so happy. Oliver liked it when Arryn was happy—it made him happy.

But she was very sad when she left with her mother. Oliver waited for Arryn to get home. His stomach had started hurting. Even eating some of the bad food didn't make him feel better. Oliver decided he would feel better after a nap.

When Oliver woke up, he didn't feel quite right. He was very grumpy. Probably because Arryn wasn't home. Why wasn't she home yet? She was supposed to give him food. Maybe if he meowed at the door, she would get home faster.

He walked the big empty house as he waited for Arryn. He heard the door bang and went down the stairs, but it wasn't Arryn. By the time Oliver got downstairs, her father had rushed out again. Oliver could hear the noise of his car leaving. Hopefully he would be bringing home Arryn. Oliver wanted food!

Oliver tried to clean himself, but he was missing fur—probably because Arryn wasn't feeding him. 

It was an eternity before he finally heard Arryn. She was calling out a word she often used.

"Dad?"

Oliver could hardly wait for her to feed him. She always brought such delicious food. But she didn't come to him. 

Well, if Arryn wouldn't come to him, he would just have to go to her. If a cat wants something done right, they have to do it themselves—or at least make sure someone does it for them.

The lights went out. Oliver hoped Arryn wouldn't decide to go to bed without feeding him.

Oliver decided to make sure Arryn would feed him. He did what he would always do—let out a cute meow.